BCD396XT / BCD996XT Firmware Update Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
UPDATE IS RELEASED

You can apply the update by following the instructions on the Firmware Update pages linked below:

BCD396XT Firmware Update

BCD996XT Firmware Update

(EDIT: Expect long response times on those pages this morning as the initial surge floods the server.)

(EDIT to the EDIT: The virus scanning process on that server decided that now was a great time to start. :( I did a quick reboot (why some of you got dead link errors for about 10 minutes) but the server is back up (but still slow), now.)

Last edited:

SDavis90

Oh wait... How did I get to that Adjust P25 Level before? It's not showing under Settings right now but I do remember doing something in the past to adjust it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To adjust the decode threshold, start with the scanner powered off. Then, follow these steps:
1. While holding down the HOLD button, power on the scanner.
2. Access the hidden P25 Adjust Mode menu by MENU --> Settings --> P25 Adjust Mode.
3. Set the mode to 11, which is the optimal setting for most P25 systems.
4. If you have previously adjusted the P25 Adjust Level, reset it to a value of 50 by MENU --> Settings --> P25 Adjust Level.

mibzzer15

Installed perfectly...now only if I actually had a P25 system around here to listen to....I guess I will have to wait till later this year for the EBRCS to go live.

kennyblues

Downloaded updates, FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS, applied updates to both the 396 & 996 XT's in ledd than 15 minuets.
Thanks UPMAN and Uniden

W6KRU

The new firmware installed with no problem. The P25 error rate on the Moto type II system I listen to is much better. The error rate used to be 50 or more and now it is 0-3.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yes, as linked on the instruction pages (if you don't already have).

Hey Paul,

I'm not really seeing much of a change.

I set the P25 adjust level to 50 (Default) and then the P25 Adjust Mode to 11 but still seeing a high error rate.
I then tried setting the P25 Adjust Mode to 5 which is what works perfect on my 996T but when I hit the Function button and the volume knob, the screen still shows the settings at 8 Auto and that value bounces around 8 to 12. No way can I get it to a setting of 5.
The same holds true on my 396XT.

Am I missing something? I still do not see a Manual setting as everything still says Auto when I look in the screen that shows the error rate along with the current P25 setting. These settings are the same that were available before when the unit was powered up with the HOLD button pushed from what I recall.

I'm still confused why that screen still shows my P25 setting bouncing all around just like before instead of honoring the setting of 5 or 6 that I set in the hidden menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

cb225662

firmware update

never had a problem before updating scanner tried to do new update to 996xt now cant do nothing to scanner stays on blue background or if i shut down it flashes red and blue cant get it communicate with scanner never had problem only if I could get to reset

Fenix

Premium Subscriber
What a perfect time for me to misplace my PC update cord.... awesomeness....

W6KRU

It sounds like you never got the update started. Are you sure your cable works? Are you using the correct com port in the updater? Did you use the correct baud rate in the updater?

Status
Not open for further replies.