BCT-15X unit ID feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I have a question: I have the Unit ID feature properly displaying the UID's for my trunked systems, however for my conventional VHF channels they aren't displaying. My agency and surrounding agencies all have UID's for their portable radios and such so common sense tells me if my scanner displays UID's for a trunked system then it should display for a conventional system too, am I doing something wrong or is displaying UID's for a VHF or UHF channel not possible?

lep

UID only displays on trunked systems. It appears you scanner is working normally,.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Re: UID's

UID only displays on trunked systems. It appears you scanner is working normally,.

Hmmm, strange... I wonder why it will display on trunked systems but not conventional systems... Thx for the quick reply...

lep

I don't claim special knowledge of the subject however: this has nothing specific to do with Uniden. GRE and RS scanners behave exactly the same way. UID is a function of Trunking Systems, decoding was formerly only an add-on sofware packages like Unitrunker and required a hardware MOD to the radio to bring out an access point for the decoder
It has only been since aroud 2010 or so that scanners were designed with the needed decoding built-in. In many cases some late model scanners could add this feature by updating the firmware.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I have a question: I have the Unit ID feature properly displaying the UID's for my trunked systems, however for my conventional VHF channels they aren't displaying. My agency and surrounding agencies all have UID's for their portable radios and such so common sense tells me if my scanner displays UID's for a trunked system then it should display for a conventional system too, am I doing something wrong or is displaying UID's for a VHF or UHF channel not possible?

When you say conventional, do you mean analog ? If it's analog and you are referring to the "squawk" at the beginning or end of the transmission, it's more than likely MDC. At the present time there is no scanner capable of decoding it. MDC has been around for a long time, I never understood why it's not a feature.

lep

The display of UID in trunking systems is not a function of whether it is a digital or an analog system, UID works the same in both.

scanningisfun

If it is MDC1200, you can download the program at the link I will post by clicking download in the sidebar. You can to hook your scanner with or without a tap. It will decode the MDC1200 IDs.

antistatic.org - winmdcd

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.