BC125AT Nascar Freqs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleDog

I just purchased a BC125AT yesterday. I wanted to be able to see driver names [not just channel and frequency numbers] at the All Star NASCAR race this upcoming weekend. I'm not new to scanning but a total newbie to the 125.

I was counting on paying the fee at the track to have one of the scanner dealers use a clone and enter all the info into my new unit. Apparently the BC125AT is too new however, as I cant find anyone that can do it. I do have the Uniden BC125AT software downloaded. And I do have all the freq info; but I don't understand how to get the info from the computer to my 125.

Can anyone help a newbie ? Thanks in advance. =)

737mech

Premium Subscriber
bc125at

I just purchased a BC125AT yesterday. I wanted to be able to see driver names [not just channel and frequency numbers] at the All Star NASCAR race this upcoming weekend. I'm not new to scanning but a total newbie to the 125.

I was counting on paying the fee at the track to have one of the scanner dealers use a clone and enter all the info into my new unit. Apparently the BC125AT is too new however, as I cant find anyone that can do it. I do have the Uniden BC125AT software downloaded. And I do have all the freq info; but I don't understand how to get the info from the computer to my 125.

Can anyone help a newbie ? Thanks in advance. =)

Did you download the drivers? The same place you downloaded the software from Uniden download the usb drivers, plug the scanner into the computer with the supplied usb cord, when windows asks for driver, browse to folder you downloaded the usb driver to. Then you should be all set, run the software and use the radio icons to read from scanner and write to scanner. All the banks are in tabs the rest is pretty easy. You can even copy paste into the software from notepad or what ever freq list you have. Remember the usb port is under the rubber cover on the right side of the scanner. Hope this helps.

nepas

I too just purchased a BC125AT and am newbie. I use it for a race about once a year.
I have upgraded from a SC150 which I programmed at each race, but never really understood what I was doing even though I could hear the MRN broadcast and sometimes my driver on priority.
I would like to ask a few questions and try to understand this one much better.
Is there a "how to program " for a race document out there?
If not do you program just to one bank for each race?
Also is there a better setup than the one programmed into the unit, ie 2 second delay and the other options that are shown in the program tools?
Sorry to be a pest but I am going to try and master this unit and will be looking for more help as I learn.
TKS,

PurpleDog

Here's the link to the USB Drivers and Software BC125AT < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Thanks a lot 737mech. I didn't realize that the 125 comes with re-chargeable batteries; the unit is charging now. I told you I was a newb !

BTW .. Is there an advantage to the rechargables over just popping in a pair of AA's ? Besides cost ? At a race finding AA's would easier than a AC outlet. Having said that however, my old BC72XLT would run 10+ hours continously on 1 set of batteries. I hope this 125 works just as well.

As soon as it's all charged up I'm gonna attempt to install the drivers. I will say this, if this works, its a heck of alot easier typing this info into my laptop than entering it in on the scanner keypad ! Does anyone have any tips specific to NASCAR ? I plan to use channel numbers and alpha tags: ie: channel 48 will be Jimmy Johnson in the 48 Lowes car.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Bc125at

Thanks a lot 737mech. I didn't realize that the 125 comes with re-chargeable batteries; the unit is charging now. I told you I was a newb !

BTW .. Is there an advantage to the rechargables over just popping in a pair of AA's ? Besides cost ? At a race finding AA's would easier than a AC outlet. Having said that however, my old BC72XLT would run 10+ hours continously on 1 set of batteries. I hope this 125 works just as well.

As soon as it's all charged up I'm gonna attempt to install the drivers. I will say this, if this works, its a heck of alot easier typing this info into my laptop than entering it in on the scanner keypad ! Does anyone have any tips specific to NASCAR ? I plan to use channel numbers and alpha tags: ie: channel 48 will be Jimmy Johnson in the 48 Lowes car.

As the NASCAR race has 43 cars in the field list them all in one bank, I'd load all the driver freqs you can and start off with only your favs unlocked, then if during the race things change unlock the freqs of the interesting cars. The delay of 2 is no big deal, anything smaller will cut off comms and more than 2 might hold comms up. 2 is a really good delay setting. As well one fun thing to try and find is the fly over aircraft freq. Let me know if you find it.

btw I do not think charging batteries in the scanner is a good idea, many posts here about overheating and ruining the scanners. Use regular batteries or recharge them on a wall plug charger not in the scanner.

also you can power the scanner with usb no batteries.

Last edited:

PurpleDog

Thanks again 737mech; I've got it all programmed and ready to go. And to my Canadian friend derevs: thanks for all the ice cubes !

PurpleDog

There is no information whatsoever in the small owners manual that comes in the BC125AT box regarding downloading drivers, and / or using the programming software.

Just sayin =)

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again 737mech; I've got it all programmed and ready to go. And to my Canadian friend derevs: thanks for all the ice cubes !

I am a Canadian who will help if i can, i have saved the truck and spriont cup freqs from my 125AT from spring Martinsville, if you pm me with your email address i will send you the file, no nationwide on it though....

PurpleDog

Wheelerg

Apparently I've not been a member here long enough to allow me to PM you, but yes, I'd love the freqs. I live about 30 miles north of Martinsville and have spring and fall season tickets. I did not make this years spring race however; Springsteen was playing that night in DC. =)

My email is: pdpllc@gmail.com

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
Wheelerg

Apparently I've not been a member here long enough to allow me to PM you, but yes, I'd love the freqs. I live about 30 miles north of Martinsville and have spring and fall season tickets. I did not make this years spring race however; Springsteen was playing that night in DC. =)

My email is: pdpllc@gmail.com

email sent...........

Status
Not open for further replies.