Uniden - TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
No Uniden scanner, in its current configuration, will decode X2 or Phase 2 TDMA.

KevinC

Super Moderator
The PSR-800 will decode unencrypted X2 TDMA. I assume X2 is what you are referring to as Phase 1 TDMA.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
"Phase 1" refers to FDMA which all P25-capable scanners can receive. "Phase 2" refers to TDMA which currently no scanners are confirmed to receive. The GRE radio does handle "X2" which is a Motorola-proprietary version of Phase 2. It's unclear if the PSR800 will work with true Phase 2.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The GRE radio does handle "X2" which is a Motorola-proprietary version of Phase 2.

Correction: X2 is a Motorola proprietary version of TDMA, not of Phase II. Phase II refers to the Project 25 standard, of which X2 is not part of and never was. Don't confuse Phase II with TDMA, even if they are related. TDMA is the technology, Phase II is the standard.

There are already enough people confused about all this FDMA, TDMA, Phase I, X2-TDMA, Phase II mumbo jumbo already, let's not add to that confusion by making inaccurate comparisons. ;)

KevinC

Super Moderator
. It's unclear if the PSR800 will work with true Phase 2.

It has been confirmed that the PSR-800, in its current configuration, cannot decode Phase 2 TDMA.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Also, if u read in the PSR900 thread a gentleman at a ham fest asked the GRE "rep" if the 800 or 900 will scan PHASE 11 TDMA with a firmware upgrade and he said "NO" we will need a new "model' to receive that.....For what its worth!!!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I feel like Rip Van Winkle. Went to sleep and somehow missed Phases 3-10.

DonS

Also, if u read in the PSR900 thread a gentleman at a ham fest asked the GRE "rep" if the 800 or 900 will scan PHASE 11 TDMA with a firmware upgrade and he said "NO" we will need a new "model' to receive that.....For what its worth!!!

That GRE rep was either misunderstood or misinformed.

W2NJS

Phase 11(?)

Mike: I believe what he meant to type was Phase II, not Phase 11.

Regards,

Tom

W2NJS

Phase 11(?)

Mike: I believe what he meant to type was Phase II, not Phase 11.
Those darn Roman numbers will get you every time. We should use Arabic numbers.

Regards,

Tom

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
TYPO Error-Phase ll , even i thought it was funny....Best news is "DonS" says rep may have been or was misinformed on the GRE800-900 doing Phase ll, HA! got it correct.....

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
That GRE rep was either misunderstood or misinformed.

Thank you Mr. Starr! (You should be saying, “I told you so!” LOL) Now please add the Phase 2 capability to an object-oriented radio. :)

Uniden, the ball is now in your court, and I can't wait to see what's coming next. Please make it like the 396XT/996XT. I'd like a GRE and a Uniden version, please!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.