What Uniden BC75XLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

OK, UpMan, fess up....... What BC75XLT that does narrowband frequencies???? You keep mentioning it in posts.
Inquiring Minds Want To Know,
Larry

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ships in the next month or so. 500 Channels. Same case design as BC125AT. Adds Close Call DND and Priority DND modes, too. I'll try to get the feature flyer out this week.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Cant wait to hear more about this! Where are you going have the feature flyer when it comes out? Let us know because I want to see it. Thanks UPman!

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Thats not bad. Been looking at possibly providing a live feed so I may pick this up for that purpose. Thanks for the info.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious about something. When the dynamic memory scanners came out, there was a serious push by Uniden and others to move away from banks and regular conventional style channel scanners. It was accepted after some time that this was the wave of the future. What is the reason for going back to the channel / bank system again even on limited featured scanners such as this one? I have no problem with either scanning system, I am simply curious!

Manny

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The system/site/channel group architecture is really needed for trunked radio systems (it more closely matches the structure of the systems themselves). For conventional-only scanners, banks and channels are easier to program and use for most folks, and the other layers of structure and programming are not as necessary, so we stick to banks for conventional-only scanners. Ultimately because it increases sales, reduces returns, and makes for happier customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.