Lake County,Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkohler

Hi,I have BCD396T and no longer can listen to Lake County,Oh anymore. the last time I listened was this winter. It looks like they may have done something in April.
Thanks Dan

r_eugene1

Hi,I have BCD396T and no longer can listen to Lake County,Oh anymore. the last time I listened was this winter. It looks like they may have done something in April.
Thanks Dan
I am not sure what you had programmed into your scanner before but they may have changed frequencies, rebanded or joined MARCS. But here is a link (below) that I found but not sure if this will help you or not. I'm sure some one will be able to help you out on this forum.

Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Good luck.

dkohler

Thanks,I downloaded the currant info this morning but still nothing.I can listen on my phone and online.
I just wanted to be prepared for Frankenstorm.
Dan

lake county

try these control channels

i have the GRE-800 and BCD396XT scanner they both work on lake countys system just use the 800MHZ control channels you must use the new talkgroups the old ones will not work so go look at the data page for this system.

budevans

Post #43 in this thread:
http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...ounty-ohio-scanner-problem-9-27-2011-a-3.html
States that they moved to the MARCS P25 X2-TDMA system.
If you want to continue scanning it, you need a GRE PSR-800.

FYI: To date there are no reports of X2 or Phase II TDMA transmissions. I monitor the system with a GRE PSR-500.

Why is the system listed as X2-TDMA? Because the system was deployed with the latest hardware/software versions of Moto Astro which are X2 capable.

Last edited:

dkohler

Is there a differance between the t and the xt? Maybe my BCD396T will not work anymore.The last time I used it was in the winter this year.I still get Geauga County.

dkohler

It looks like I need a currant control channel,it does not seem to have the correct one.I downloaded the info of the website last nite but still looks for a control channel

budevans

Lake County

It looks like I need a currant control channel,it does not seem to have the correct one.I downloaded the info of the website last nite but still looks for a control channel

Lake County is now on the MARCS-IP P25 system. They have shutdown their Moto Type II system.

You will need to setup or download the new Lake County MARCS-IP P25 system.

Here are the differences, Project 25 Trunking vs Moto Type II, All new TG (Talk Groups), New Control Channels.

So just changing the control channels on the old system setup won't work.

SCPD

QRT

You are located near Lake County Ohio right?

Check in the Ohio Forum. There are people receiving this system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Lake County is now on the MARCS-IP P25 system. They have shutdown their Moto Type II system.

You will need to setup or download the new Lake County MARCS-IP P25 system.

Here are the differences, Project 25 Trunking vs Moto Type II, All new TG (Talk Groups), New Control Channels.

So just changing the control channels on the old system setup won't work.

The old Type II system is completely off the air at this time? How long after they switched to MARCS-IP did they take down the old system?

Mike

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Lake County X2TDMA

I understand that they're not using the encryption yet, but for those who feel like they're left out of the new Lake County system, my old Pro96 still does the job.

I feel as though a PSR800 is in my not-to-distant future though as I work in Cuyahoga county and travel through Geauga down to Portage all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.