396XT stuck on "HOLD"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjchristensen

I've had my 396XT for a couple of years now and have never rund across this problem.

The scanner seems to be "stuck" on hold on a certain system. I have several systems active, but it is stuck on the 1st active one I have going. It does scan through that system, but does not move on to the next one. If I press the button to deactivate that system, it simply goes on to the next system and remains stuck there. The "HOLD" light is blinking and not steady. I also have a 996XT and have tried putting that one to hold on a channel and the hold light stays steady. I have adjusted the squelch, tried locking out all systems then "reopening" them, hit the "scan" and "hold" buttons and also used Freescan to completely reload all the systems with no avail.

Is there something in a sub-menu that I have pushed (or more likely my 22 month old has pushed!) that caused this? Most of my systems are P25 and I have them set to "ID Scan", and that does scroll across the screen. The reception bars remain on full strength, even when there isn't a transmission which made me think it was a squelch issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If the HOLD indicator is blinking, it means you're in System Hold. Press the HOLD key down until it unlocks. That's how it's turned on, by the way, by pressing and holding the HOLD key until the indicator starts to blink. Basically it allows you to remain on one system without having to turn off other system quick keys.

cjchristensen

Chauffeur6... pure genius! Never had that happen to me, and thanks for the advice on holding on a system- didn't know that either and that could be very helpful. I now know it had to be my 22 month old... I didn't think he'd be going through the menu system to foul something up!

Thanks a bunch and Happy Holiday's to you!

CJC

Status
Not open for further replies.