Please Read: Upcoming 396XT Firmware Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since there is some confusion with the upcoming
396XT firmware update I thought this would help folks out.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ:

There is an upcoming 396XT Firmware update.
This update is Pending Release and HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET.
The only info on this Firmware Update is what has been posted on the
Uniden 396XT Firmware update site which can be found at:
BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
and the static html page:
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate.html

This update improves performance on APCO Project P25 sites operating in Linear Simulcast Mode (LSM).

That is the only info available at this time.
There is no info yet on any other updates for any other models.
Please be patient a little longer. You will not miss out on any updates as I am sure UPMan will make sure everyone is notified by posting an announcement thread here in the Uniden Forum. :)
Thank you for your patience and Early Happy New Year. :cool:
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
What is meant by "Linear Simulcast Mode"?

Would this be an attempt to fix the "garble" that some folks experience with simulcast systems?

Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Don't jump to conclusions. The 'garble' on some digital systems happens with non-LSM modulation, too

We have a few LSM systems here in central Maryland - hopefully this will help with receiving them. Too bad Uniden has not seen fit to do this with the older 396T/996T.

Mike

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
10 hours and nobody has complained "Well this firmware upgrade better add {delay values|TRBO decode|a microSD card slot}!!11!!one!!1!eleven!"? Come on, RR, you're slipping.

SCPD

QRT
10 hours and nobody has complained "Well this firmware upgrade better add {delay values|TRBO decode|a microSD card slot}!!11!!one!!1!eleven!"? Come on, RR, you're slipping.

Everyone sold their 396XT's and moved to the PSR800! :twisted:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I did but could use a 996T update.

Yes too bad that Uniden has over the years now has obviously dropped any firmware support for the T models. Missed the last one and no mention of this one either.

Back on topic, when these things get released, as we figured the site is just one little server that runs the site, "very quickly" bogs down for a couple days.
I have done so and had others do, is to make the firmware available on the appropriate yahoo groups XT Files section. The bandwdth availablity is so much more through them.
Or if someone can make it available off an ftp, dropbox, one of the free file hosting services, etc.
If I recall right it is also too big to be put as an attachment in the message forums.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I have done so and had others do, is to make the firmware available on the appropriate yahoo groups XT Files section....Or if someone can make it available off an ftp, dropbox, one of the free file hosting services, etc.
Assuming that Uniden copyrights their firmware, and I have no doubt that they do, posting their firmware files on other servers without Uniden's express permission would possibly be a violation of their copyright.

MarkWestin

If Uniden opts to use the same type of firmware update program with the BCD396XT and BCD996XT that they use with the BC125AT, downloading the firmware yourself may not be possible. That update program downloads the firmware itself as part of the update process. It is unclear to me whether a firmware file not downloaded from Uniden could be used with the new type update program.

Mark

mainetrunk

I wouldnt get my hopes too high. What could they possibly do to ( impress ) the people that bought their product-aka gave them employment. If it dont decode certain p25 systems-I aint running to the line to upgrade. We can only hope. Now I know how n.a.s.a felt in that movie with Tom Hanks..

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was hoping the firmware update would added you can add alpha to Radio ID's like the psr800 can. Also did freq firmware to round off the steps like the psr800 also.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Assuming that Uniden copyrights their firmware, and I have no doubt that they do, posting their firmware files on other servers without Uniden's express permission would possibly be a violation of their copyright.

Good point, well all I know is that it has been done before multiple times and all the firmware files are still there plus the uasd install, and firmware updaters from all over the years. No mention from anyone at all.

kb8rvp

I was hoping the firmware update would added you can add alpha to Radio ID's like the psr800 can. Also did freq firmware to round off the steps like the psr800 also.

I have alpha tags set on my radio ID's in my 396XT. Support came out for that over a year ago.

Mike

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Will any of these updates be released for the UBCD396XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.