BCT15X Hooked up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BedfordFD

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks,

We have hooked our new BCT15X up for our feed, and on the ScannerCast program under status, it flashes OK then Not Communicating with Scanner constantly. Any ideas? Also, I thought that once I hooked the USB cable up that I did not have to hook a audio wire up; that the audio would go through the USB cable? Is that correct? or was that a ASSumption?

Thanks,

-BFD119

ak4fn

Did you install a driver for your usb cable? (check device manager to make sure it is showing up and is correctly working, also check to see what comport it has assigned it)

You do need audio cable. The usb cable is only for controlling and programing the scanner. No audio is routed through it.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hey folks,

We have hooked our new BCT15X up for our feed, and on the ScannerCast program under status, it flashes OK then Not Communicating with Scanner constantly. Any ideas? Also, I thought that once I hooked the USB cable up that I did not have to hook a audio wire up; that the audio would go through the USB cable? Is that correct? or was that a ASSumption?

Thanks,

-BFD119

You don't need the USB cable for your feed unless you want to stream metadata (alpha tags).

Connect a Mono 1/8’ mini connector cable from the "record out" on your scanner to the "line in" on your computer. The "record out" allows for a constant audio level. Make sure you have record out enabled on the channels you want to stream.

I highly recommend using RadioFeed over ScannerCast.

I use this setup for my feed. Give a listen. Columbus Police Citywide Dispatch.

You also may want to read Setting up your Broadcasting Station

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.