BCD396xt Power on when plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

I'm going to install my BCD396xt in my car when I order a remote head for it. My question is, is there any way possible to have the scanner turn on when power is given to it? I want it to turn on when I start my car, unfortunately I can't power the scanner on with the remote head.

Last edited:

tknepp32

Database Administrator
Database Admin
If you have the power wired so that it is switched with your ignition you can do this. You need to take the batteries out of the scanner. The scanner will then turn off and on when it gains and loses power with your ignition. I currently have the one in my car doing this.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
That's cool. I never knew it would do that. If you have it turned on, and it loses power, when it regains power it turns back on again.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Be aware that the head and the scanner require different voltages. The head uses 12 volts and the scanner uses 6 volts. I use a 12 volt to 6 volt adapter. Both the adapter and the head are connected a a "switched" 12 volts. I also connect the audio from the earphone jack to an amplified speaker through a home made audio combiner/isolater network that allows the audio from my other radios to play through the amplified speaker. Works great!

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.