Bearcat BCD396XT Stuck Scanning for a Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

cweilemann

Hey all,

My Bearcat BCD396XT seems to be stuck scanning for the Ham Radio service... I can't for the life of me figure out how I turned this on, let alone how I turned it off. I can scan for other services or programs, but it *always* includes scanning the entire ham radio spectrum in between scanning other programs or services.

Anyone know how to turn this off??? I don't even know what to search for in the manual.

Thanks.

--
-Chris

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Hey all,

My Bearcat BCD396XT seems to be stuck scanning for the Ham Radio service... I can't for the life of me figure out how I turned this on, let alone how I turned it off. I can scan for other services or programs, but it *always* includes scanning the entire ham radio spectrum in between scanning other programs or services.

Anyone know how to turn this off??? I don't even know what to search for in the manual.

Thanks.

--
-Chris

It sounds like you have the HAM search assigned to a search key. Hold on any channel/frequency and press Func then the number key (1-3) assigned to the search once to turn it on and once more to turn it off.

Set Search Key

The scanner has three search keys that you can assign to a special search range. The search keys are set to number keys 1 , 2 , and 3. This allows you to start a service, custom, Tone-Out, or Band Scope search without having to go into the menus.

To program a Search Key, press Menu. Scroll to 'Search for...' and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Set Search Key' and press E/yes.
At 'Select Key No.' scroll to 'Search Key 1-3' and press E/yes.
Scroll to any service search, custom search, 'Tone-Out', or 'Band Scope' and press E/yes.
Repeat for any other search keys you want to program. Press L/O to exit.

Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
You can't do it through the keypad but Proscan allows you to assign system quick keys to both Service and Custom Searches. Makes it so much easier to turn searches off and on (for those who bother to look for the unknown)

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.