Uniden Customer Support!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nearscanman

Premium Subscriber
Nothing against UPMan and others that work for Uniden, as they have help many people on these forums, but I have to say that their support is terrible. I posted a thread about the BCT15 Firmware Update and the issues I was having with it ie, asking for a regestration key for major update and I was getting a Program Error. UPMan tried to help me and told me to us the BC_VUP3, couldnt get it to work. So I emailed Uniden support and finally got a response. All they told me is you dont need a registration key and not to click the box, that was it!!! They didnt even read into that I was getting a Program Error and they may have a corrupt file!!!! Now its been almost 2 weeks and I have tried everything I can think of, scanner is not working!!!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I've never seen you mention "getting a Program Error" before...and don't know what that means. I'd have replied exactly the same way customer service did, based on the information you provided.

Using the original BC_VUP program as posted at http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/BCT15FirmwareUpdate.html, follow each step exactly. When something goes wrong, post exactly what happens, with complete details of any error message received.

Note, especially, the bullet point after Step 2 of the installation instructions.
◦ Since this update does not change the major version number, you do not need a registration code to apply this update.

Also note the troubleshooting steps following the instructions.

nearscanman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again UPMan, this is weird, I open the new Firmware Update and saved it as a Text file not a SCN, it uploaded and is working great!!! Thank you!!!

kbehning

Premium Subscriber
Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual
At the top, right under contents it says "Using Bear Tracker Scanning". Click on that and you'll get the section with all the instructions you would ever need to track a bearcat.

Short answer:
Press Function (the big silver knob) then press volume

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.