BCD996T and BCT15X problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIFD74

Premium Subscriber
i recently bought a refurbed bct15x off amazon and i am having major reception trouble on both conventional scanning and trunked scanning. i have a 15X in my car and i have no problem with anything. the audio seems to be skipping or cutting in and out so im not catching the whole transmission. it seems to do it less when scanning just the 800 system i have programmed.

for the 996T, both conventional systems and the 800 system i have all cut in and out like crazy. when fire depts tone out, the tones cut in and out and so do the transmissions.

i also have a BC780XLT that doesnt skip or cut out at all scanning conventional frequencies.

could it just be that both my 996T and my 15X are within like 8ft of each other?? or is there something in the settings that im missing. its kind of bothering me since i pick everything up in my car without issue. any help is appreciated.

-Rob

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
"skipping or cutting in and out".....do you have a priority or close call enabled?

Were both the 15Xs programmed with the same software setup?

Make sure the squelch is not too high. (This could cut out conventional frequencies but not effect trunked systems).

I have a 15 and a 15X mounted on top of each other and have no issues.

Last edited:

CIFD74

Premium Subscriber
Close call is off for both scanners. Priority scan is off on the 15X which is currently scanning my 800 system, and priority scan is on my 996T which is scanning my conventional system. The 15X doesn't seem to be cutting out. The audio of the 996T is cutting out if and when it picks up any transmissions.

CIFD74

Premium Subscriber
The weather priority is all off too on both scanner. It's breaks up pretty frequently. The longer the radio transmission the more it breaks up

CIFD74

Premium Subscriber
No. It's really weird. I've never had this problem on any other scanner. It just comes and goes depending on how long the transmission is

Status
Not open for further replies.