out of box bcd996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ETH

Feed Provider
Hi if i buy bcd996xt out of the box can i send alfatags on my feed or what other cables do i need? If any one
Can send me there set up or photos i would thank you.

n3xbo@live.com

cg

Premium Subscriber
you will need a 1/8" mono or stereo male to male patch cord for the audio. If you have a DB9 serial port on the computer, you will not need to buy a cable for that, it comes with the DB9 serial cable. If you only have USB ports on your computer, you will need a USB to Serial cable or need the Uniden USB cable (sold separately).

chris

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it is your own phone number, you can (but it is a bad idea for many reasons). If it is a company's published phone number, should be no problem. If it is some other private individual's number, you probably shouldn't without their express permission.

If you need to send someone your phone number, it is best to send them a private message.

bear780ks

That's what i was thinking Paul on the Verizon forums we can put Verizon's company number for customers that ask Questions and we then refer it to them for further help if they have an issue

But personal Numbers. Full names and addresses get Moderated rather Quickly). My self if i see it i will flag it to be pulled to protect the individual that didn't realize the consequences..
Ra

Last edited:

N3ETH

Feed Provider
What is the plug on the front for? Just ordered it today so dont have it yet. So from you are telling me all i need is the cable that comes with. My computer has a 9 pin on back. I can program and also get alpha tags for my feed with that. Is the plug on front for updates?

bear780ks

What is the plug on the front for? Just ordered it today so dont have it yet. So from you are telling me all i need is the cable that comes with. My computer has a 9 pin on back. I can program and also get alpha tags for my feed with that. Is the plug on front for updates?

The plug is for transferring Data to the Scanner..

Status
Not open for further replies.