BCD396XT scanning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bar422

I was reading through the "Easier to read BCD396XT manual" and thought I saw something that will let you change the setting regarding how fast it will scan between conventional and trunking......anyone know where that is for sure or how to do it? I can't seem to find it now. --Thanks!

wtp

hold?

unless you meant the hold function
that is how long it stays on the system
i put all of mine to 0
it is not delay that is different.

bear780ks

Delay must of been changed to Set Hold Time) that's what i discovered when looking for Delay and mine is set to 0 you set the Hold time in the Select Site Area! Ra

Update: Found Set Delay Time in Edit System Options Mine is set to 2 sec.

My ? With this is why is there two different types of Delay a little puzzled on that one...

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Set Delay Time adjusts how long the scanner stays on a channel after a transmission ends to catch replies on the same channel.

System(site) hold time sets how long the scanner dwells on a single system(site) before moving on to the next one.

bar422

One more question.......where is the setting to get it to show radio ID's while scanning trunking.

bar422

How do you use the alert type? I have them turned on but they never do anything. Can you set it to light up and make noise for I-calls or certain channels?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
How do you use the alert type? I have them turned on but they never do anything. Can you set it to light up and make noise for I-calls or certain channels?
You have to set them per channel. (Easier with software of course)

Set Alert This setting controls when and how the scanner alerts you if the channel becomes active.
Scroll to 'Set Alert' and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Set Alert Tone' and press E/yes.
...At 'Set Tone' scroll to the alert (Alert 1-9 or Off) and press E/yes.
.....At 'Set Level' scroll to 'Level 1-15 or Auto' (the scanner sets the alert beep to the master volume level) and press E/yes.
Scroll to 'Set Alert Light' and press E/yes.
...Scroll to Off, Blue, Red, Magenta, Green, Cyan, Yellow, or White and press E/yes.
...At 'Set Pattern' scroll to On, Slow Blink, or Fast Blink and press E/yes.
Press Menu to return.

Thanks to Mark's Scanners

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.