new uniden scanner???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulca

Will there be a new uniden scanner to replace the 396XT???
It has been around for a while.

mainetrunk

Ahhh--Mr. Upman. Nice to read your stuff. Did not know you were part of Uniden.. You've got a different scanner with the 396xt, sub banks.. Fun to play with.. So, you must know what we want for a scanner..ALLLL the p25 signals we can get.Dmr---so on so on.... How about a belt clip similar to other scanners..I like a scanner that has more than 1 knob...Like the 15x...Thx-- Wow--a 1st,,,while typing this, my close call went off on an airband. Never donethat before..A skyhawk headed for Sanford Me. Excellent feature, needs more sensitivity..

scannersnstuff

exactly the definitive answer thats been posted so many times by upman. it just gets tiring to see the same old question again and again.

bama9999

Ahhh--Mr. Upman. Nice to read your stuff. Did not know you were part of Uniden.. You've got a different scanner with the 396xt, sub banks.. Fun to play with.. So, you must know what we want for a scanner..ALLLL the p25 signals we can get.Dmr---so on so on.... How about a belt clip similar to other scanners..I like a scanner that has more than 1 knob...Like the 15x...Thx-- Wow--a 1st,,,while typing this, my close call went off on an airband. Never donethat before..A skyhawk headed for Sanford Me. Excellent feature, needs more sensitivity..

Personally I like the belt clip that comes with the Uniden scanners. What I DO NOT like is the belt clip that came on the Radio Shack Pro106 that I had. If you sat down with it on, and put any pressure on it at all, it would snap off. One additional neat thing about the Uniden belt clip is the button on the back of the scanner that it connects to... that fits really nice into a microphone holder for an inexpensive, easy to install way to mount your handheld in your automobile.

mainetrunk

You are right about the R-S belt clip. I did it once--ONCE! Sat down in my old car and that sucker turned up and SNAP.. Problem with the 396xt clip is if you put that bnc/screw on antenna connector--it's kinda lopsided for walking.. The knob has to be higher to keep the weight on the bottom. To keep it straight.. I dropped it once, and $75.00 later/4 weeks later, it was fixed.. That other belt incident--$18.00 Technology co$t$

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
We don't want to give our competition a heads-up that we have a new model with particular features coming out...the longer we wait, the longer we maintain our competitive advantage with new features.

What competition??

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
We don't want to give our competition a heads-up that we have a new model with particular features coming out...the longer we wait, the longer we maintain our competitive advantage with new features.

What competition??

Scanner makers.

parnass

AJ9S
BCT15X and BCD996XT prices dropped on Amazon.com this past week, so dealers may be reducing inventories to prepare for new models.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since the thread starters question has been answered (by UPMan himself) and
to prevent this from turning into yet another wish-list thread I am gonna put it to
rest. :)
Thanks for everyone's input.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.