Harris P25 audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have trouble with distored sound on Miami Dades new P25 harris system - I have a BC396XT (just updated to firmware 1,11,01) - on the 851-854 frequencies the sound is still terrible - and it does not stay on the control channel allthough the signal is very strong - what is the problem?

NC91

Harris P25 System

Hey, I'm having the same issues on a new Harris P25 VHF system here in NC. Any update on your end? My 396xt seems to exhibit the same behavior.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like LSM (Linear Simulcast Modulation) has come to your local public safety system.

NC91

Harris P25 System

Thanks for the reply Dan. I had both a PSR-500 and PSR-800 as well as a 396T and sold them all. I am kicking myself that I sold the PSR-800 because it did a WAY better job picking up this system than the new 396XT that I bought. For whatever reason, the GRE seems to handle LSM better than the Uniden for now. Interestingly, my Dad still has a 396T and it will not pick up this system at all. My 396T was the same way. (Even standing right near the tower) From what I can tell, no one is able to handle LSM real well right now.

gfkeith

Harris P25 Audio problem.

Rome/Floyd County, Georgia moved to this system in Feb 13. And we faced the same problem! I must say that it is much better now. Here it was blamed on the users getting use to the new mikes, not talking directly into them etc(to me it sounds as if they are under water or on a bad country road)Basely a learning process for all.. My PSR 800 sounds better than my 396xt and 996xt. I recently got a good deal on a HomePatrol and it is okay. Several of the Radio coordinators/Emergency Management team are members of our local Ham club so we get to compare with the Harris radios.

Parma Ohio always has trouble with the Harris P-25 800 MHZ system been going on for a long time and same for this morning i think Harris SUCKS as a system.

I think you are right - we have the reason why they still run the 866-869 MHz edacs systemthat should have been rebanded long ago. I know for a fact that Motorola makes the best digital radios - period... :)

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Are there any reports of public safety users having issues with Harris P-25 or are we talking just scanner owners?

Thanks

Parma Ohio always has trouble with the Harris P-25 800 MHZ system been going on for a long time and same for this morning i think Harris SUCKS as a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.