you gotta love yard sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Bought a Uniden Bearcat 210XLT, not a scratch on it and working perfectly.... only $8.00

Nice one!

Was it mostly radio stuff or a household mix of things?

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
I try to find scanners and radios at yard sales all the time. Guess how many I've found! That's right... Zero! :( LOL

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Yard sales

How about a great condition Ten Tec Triton IV with power supply and a working National all band receiver for $25.00. That's the radio "junk" my father in law brought me once. He had no idea what he had purchased.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Yard sales and also craigslist just search for "Police Scanner". I bought 4 scanners for $20 total. A Pro-49/Pro-95/BC144XL and a BC72XL.

n4yek

Nice one!

Was it mostly radio stuff or a household mix of things?
It was just mixed stuff, he also had another scanner for $5, but i didn't have crystals to put into it.

How about a great condition Ten Tec Triton IV with power supply and a working National all band receiver for $25.00. That's the radio "junk" my father in law brought me once. He had no idea what he had purchased.
That was a catch!!!

bee

The Uniden 210 XLT was my first scanner. Purchased it about 30 years ago. Although I still have it, it doesn't work anymore.

It was somewhat expensive at the time. I think about $200.00.

Last edited:

gunmasternd

sweetest thing ive found at a sale was a hallicrafters s-40a ;-) almost mint. He had $25-30? marked on it. He said it works and its you lucky day for $20 you can have it. I sat there and didnt want to act to trilled :) but ill be dammed if someone would take it out of my hands for $20bucks.

I almost felt bad and i would deflently gave him the extra $$$.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I can remember going to yard sales in the communities in and around Oak Park, Illinois and always finding one or two that had a scanner for sale. I brought home my Hallicrafters WR-600 from a garage sale in Skokie $12.00. With that said, I have seen a few Bearcat IIIs, and one Bearcat IV back in the 1990s for sale at reasonable prices around $20 or less back in the 1990s. However, one Regency 16 channel crystal scanner was for sale new in the box for $350.00. Apparently, this guy's grandfather got two of them for Christmas in 1975, and never used the other one.

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.