BC796D Firmware Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

btlacer

KI4SJU/ Fire Captain/ EMTFR
Hi everyone, I have a problem and hope someone here can help. I have a Uniden 796D that is at Ver. 3.27 and I can not get my scanner to communicate with my computer. I am using the same cable that I use to program my 780xlt so I know its not the cable. The cable is a USB/Serial my computer is running Windows 8 and I even tried my laptop which runs XP and still can not get my scanner to communicate.

Thanks

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
did you change the PC control speed under the 796D menu? by default I think its set to OFF
have you tried using ARC250 to see if you can communicate with the 796D? even if you dont own ARC250 you can use it for a trial period and test to see if it communicates.

btlacer

Yes I did set the PC control, but no I have not tired ARC250, guess I will try that next.

btlacer

Just downloaded ARC250 and get the same message, I checked device manager and made sure the port was running the same buad rate as the scanner. Still nothing, is there a remote mode to turn on? or just the baud rate setting?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
arc has an AUTO detect feature as well... try that see if anything

you still cant connect via XP?
is it possible the port on the 796D is bad?

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
If I can remember correctly I had an issue with my computer not switching baud rates when I tried this as well. Try slowing down the serial port rate on the computer first.

Status
Not open for further replies.