new too this type

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
just boght a 396xt off ebay dont have programmcabels yet so still learning it its alot differ then my pro-197 but i like so far just gotta learn the alerts ect on it

Attachments

• Picture 14.jpg
    Picture 14.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 422

K8LEA

t0xPro-197:

Odd.... That 396 should have come with a programming cable and a BNC to SMA adapter....

'Course, if it's used, who knows?

You want to subscribe to the Radio Reference feed to download frequency lists that some of the available software (ProScan - $$$ - or FreeScan can stuff into your radio quickly, too.)

Trying to do it without the software will give your headache a headache....

Enjoy!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
He will need a USB-serial cable which is not included in the package, as most PCs nowadays don't have serial ports. It seems odd, frankly, since the PSR500 and 600 both came with their own USB cable.

The cable that it does come with is to connect with a serial port...(I also have a 396T....)

Mike

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
yeah it just came with the one that you can clone from other 396xt this only the 2nd bearcat ive owned last one was a200 channel im subscribed too RR ill proably renew it ina few months.i still like analog over trunking cause your able too gettem better but trunking when configged right most sound reaily clear..

Status
Not open for further replies.