Is this a good price for a used HomePatrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alins

Is $380 a good price for a used but clean HomePatrol with the extreme upgrade, AC adapter, antenna, and the Uniden GPS kit?

Anything else needed or to watch out for?

Should I be concerned that this scanner will never decode TDMA Phase II?

Thanks!

Paul

chandler

Very great deal! is the item on EBay if you do not buy it please send me the link, also don't worry about Phase ll there is not even a radio that can decode it at the time.

W9NES

I bought my Uniden Home Patrol Hp-1 from a local person here in the Indianapolis,In area for $300.00. $380.00 is a great price with the extreme upgrade and the GPS Kit.

troymail

Silent Key
also don't worry about Phase ll there is not even a radio that can decode it at the time.

:confused: What?

It may be a good price.... maybe... used is always a concern.

But more specifically -

1. Not true.

2. More importantly - the answer is really dependent upon what you're trying to listen to. That is, is there any Phase 2 currently under development in your area and/or planned for the near future? If no, then (maybe) don't worry about it. If yes -- you may want to look for a used PSR-800 and/or wait to see if the Uniden promises pan out sometime in the near future (for a new radio)

puzzleriddle

:confused: What?

It may be a good price.... maybe... used is always a concern.

But more specifically -

1. Not true.

2. More importantly - the answer is really dependent upon what you're trying to listen to. That is, is there any Phase 2 currently under development in your area and/or planned for the near future? If no, then (maybe) don't worry about it. If yes -- you may want to look for a used PSR-800 and/or wait to see if the Uniden promises pan out sometime in the near future (for a new radio)

What "promise(s)" has Uniden made???

troymail

Silent Key
What "promise(s)" has Uniden made???

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/268899-new-models-trust.html

One can assume anything you want from Paul's statement since it doesn't say one way or another (a) what it will include or (b) when it will be available.

As with all other posts, mine are merely comments and suggestions.... :)

EDIT: I should add that the only reason the answer to the question is "fuzzy" at best is because the question included concerns about Phase 2 -- there must be a reason why he included that as part of the original question....

Last edited:

alins

Thanks, the reason I asked about TDMA Phase II is that we have one locally, a Motorola X2-TDMA system for our local bus system (King County, WA).

Otherwise my concern is about future resale of the HomePatrol, say in a year or two after Uniden releases an updated version, even if I bought the kit about at $380 (which for me, is a lot of money).

Paul

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks, the reason I asked about TDMA Phase II is that we have one locally, a Motorola X2-TDMA system for our local bus system (King County, WA).

Otherwise my concern is about future resale of the HomePatrol, say in a year or two after Uniden releases an updated version, even if I bought the kit about at $380 (which for me, is a lot of money).

Paul

Unit values/prices will always be on the decline - usually.... unless the supplies drop (as in GRE products since they are no longer in production).

BTW - X2 and Phase 2 are two different things... and the 800 is the only radio that will decoded them... until a new radio appears on the market - and until then there is no guarantee that any new radio will do either....

Oh and, even if you do have a local system that is using a protocol your radio can't do - that isn't necessarily a problem -- it's only a problem if you care to try to listen to it

hrosee

Is $380 a good price for a used but clean HomePatrol with the extreme upgrade, AC adapter, antenna, and the Uniden GPS kit?

Anything else needed or to watch out for?

Should I be concerned that this scanner will never decode TDMA Phase II?

Thanks!

Paul

check out the Amazon wharehouse. They have returned ones that are like new for $369 with free shipping. You can return it within 30 days if you don't like it.

scosgt

It is an excellent deal
The Extreme update is $99
The GPS kit is over $100

I am selling mine with extreme update and GPS kit. I will be looking for $600-650

Status
Not open for further replies.