HP-1 Forgetting Favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmulder13

By and large, I love everything about my HomePatrol. The extreme upgrade is a necessity for anyone above the grandma level, but that's all another story. However, twice now, I've created favorites lists, traveled and created new ones, and came home to find my old lists void of any channels. It's not an issue of location or service setting, the lists show empty. Anyone else experience this?

SCPD

QRT
hp1 alzheimers

Mine forgets what I locked out! I can lock channels out and come back and look at it scanning and I see certain things like to become unlocked and the Hp1 starts to scan it again,Ive gotten used to it.I have had two of these and they both did the same thing.Guess its a bug or quirk.
And yes I Permanently LOCK OUT the channel.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Mine forgets what I locked out! I can lock channels out and come back and look at it scanning and I see certain things like to become unlocked and the Hp1 starts to scan it again,Ive gotten used to it.I have had two of these and they both did the same thing.Guess its a bug or quirk.
And yes I Permanently LOCK OUT the channel.

Are you using the temporary "avoid", or the permanent "avoid"? Is that what you are referring to as a "lockout"?

I have 2 units also, and have never seen that.

Does it happen after you "write" to the Home Patrol? ........ If you have permanently "avoided" something using the Home Patrol screen commands, and then update the database by writing to the Home Patrol from Sentinel, the "avoid" settings in Sentinel will overwrite the "avoids" you manually entered in the Home Patrol.

"Read" from the Home Patrol to Sentinel, before you update or write anything back to it. That will get your permanent "avoids" into Sentinel, so when you write back, they will agree with what is in the unit, rather than change them back to "not avoided".

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
By and large, I love everything about my HomePatrol. The extreme upgrade is a necessity for anyone above the grandma level, but that's all another story. However, twice now, I've created favorites lists, traveled and created new ones, and came home to find my old lists void of any channels. It's not an issue of location or service setting, the lists show empty. Anyone else experience this?

I make extensive use of favorites lists constantly changing which ones are active or not, as well as adding to them on a regular basis - on 2 different Home Patrols, and have never seen that happen.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I think the old Sentinel software had only one button for both the firmware and database update. If you clicked on it I think it checked for both. However, I think the newest version of Sentinel (V 2.02 revision 04) has two buttons one for each action.

Are you pushing both buttons each week for your updates?

I don't think a new firmware update has been released for some time, so, you could save some time by only updating the database every week (if I remember this correctly) until the next firmware update is released (if any).

k1xd

I've had this happen also...

I noticed some of my favorites lists were empty. I think this happened after I uploaded an update. I went back later and re-uploaded both data and favorites with a full erase and everything was restored. (WRITE TO HOMEPATROL with both options checked)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel, click on Updates --> Firmware Update to check for a firmware update.

The database is updated every Monday morning (and I ran a special update last night, so there was actually a new database made available this morning if all ran well...).

Status
Not open for further replies.