Create new favorites list for HP-1 in Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDrunk

Hello,

Could someone please provide a simple procedure for creating a new favorites list in Sentinel for frequencies which are not in the database. I can create a new favorites list, but I am unable to enter any frequencies. I could not find this information in the Sentinel manual or in the "easier to read HP-1 manual".

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find a thread which would answer my question.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Also....

In the Sentinel program, from the top tool bar,

Help ---> Contents ---> Favorites lists.

OldDrunk

Also....

In the Sentinel program, from the top tool bar,

Help ---> Contents ---> Favorites lists.

I tried looking there. The help section simply says "click on the make a new list icon and follow directions". Once I create a new favorites list, this is the screen that comes up. I don't know how to enter frequencies from this point.

I guess I can open an existing favorites list and edit that, instead of trying to make one from scratch.

Attachments

• Presentation1.pdf
    97.5 KB · Views: 248

Blackink

What happens when you click on the green plus (+) sign to the left of the red "X" right below the word "Systems"?
Looks like that may be where you'd start to make a new System and then a new group for the frequencies?
That screenshot It looks similar to the FreeScan software which is what I use for my BCT15X.

OldDrunk

What happens when you click on the green plus (+) sign to the left of the red "X" right below the word "Systems"?
Looks like that may be where you'd start to make a new System and then a new group for the frequencies?
That screenshot It looks similar to the FreeScan software which is what I use for my BCT15X.

This is where I get stuck. After I click on the green plus, I get the following screen. Still no way to enter frequencies.

Attachments

• Presentation2.pdf
    108 KB · Views: 201

Blackink

You wouldn't think it'd be that difficult now, would you?!?
I'm not a HomePatrol user so I can't assist you any further but I'm sure someone will help you.
Good Luck and happy Scanning.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This is where I get stuck. After I click on the green plus, I get the following screen. Still no way to enter frequencies.
Looking at your example, you bailed out two steps too soon.

The first step was to create a new list. You did that, and named it "Test". In your second 'presentation' screenshot, you added a System, also named "Test" in Edit Favorites List mode.

The next step is to click on the 'second' Test (the system). That will then give you an edit window where you can add a "Department". See the first screenshot below. To differentiate my example from yours, I called my System "Test City". In practical use, that name would be the name of the city, county, or other agency (or company) for which you wanted to add frequencies.

Once you have added a 'Department', and changed the name you can add as many channels as you like by first clicking on the 'Department' name. That gives you an Edit window where you can add as many channels (frequencies) as you like by hitting the "plus" sign at the top of the window. That's the second screenshot. The 'Department' would be the subdivision of the 'System'. So, if the "System" you are adding is a given city or county, the 'departments' might be 'Fire Department', 'Police Department' (or 'Sheriff's Office'), 'Public Works', or however you wanted to divide them up. Or, just lump them all together, if you want.

OldDrunk

Looking at your example, you bailed out two steps too soon.

The first step was to create a new list. You did that, and named it "Test". In your second 'presentation' screenshot, you added a System, also named "Test" in Edit Favorites List mode.

The next step is to click on the 'second' Test (the system). That will then give you an edit window where you can add a "Department". See the first screenshot below. To differentiate my example from yours, I called my System "Test City". In practical use, that name would be the name of the city, county, or other agency (or company) for which you wanted to add frequencies.

Once you have added a 'Department', and changed the name you can add as many channels as you like by first clicking on the 'Department' name. That gives you an Edit window where you can add as many channels (frequencies) as you like by hitting the "plus" sign at the top of the window. That's the second screenshot. The 'Department' would be the subdivision of the 'System'. So, if the "System" you are adding is a given city or county, the 'departments' might be 'Fire Department', 'Police Department' (or 'Sheriff's Office'), 'Public Works', or however you wanted to divide them up. Or, just lump them all together, if you want.

Great. Thank you. That worked! If this information is in the manuals, I completely missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.