The RadioReference.com Forums

The RadioReference.com Forums (https://forums.radioreference.com/)
-   Uniden Thread Archives (https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/)
-   -   New Uniden BCD536HP AMWUB375 (https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/274896-new-uniden-bcd536hp-amwub375.html)

woodpecker 09-23-2013 9:42 AM

New Uniden BCD536HP AMWUB375
 
Looks like its on its way, passed FCC, manual temporary confidential until 11/16 though (why?), about the only thing of interest available is a back panel drawing, it has USB and GPS/Remote sockets amongst the usual.

UPMan 09-23-2013 10:36 AM

I spot of panic on Friday when I was advised that all the information was on the FCC (proudly announced by our regulatory guy). We are not planning on announcing features, capabilities, etc, until later in the year, so the publishing of the O/M as well as other photographs normally on the site were months premature to our announcement. Fortunately, it looks like we beat the FCC site surfers by a couple of days in getting the info taken down. :)

Let the speculation continue. We are getting some exciting stuff ready for a nationwide announcement.

MtnBiker2005 09-23-2013 10:49 AM

YahooGroup - Uniden Digital Scanner - BCD536HP
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCD536HP/

woodpecker 09-23-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPMan (Post 2044739)
I spot of panic on Friday when I was advised that all the information was on the FCC (proudly announced by our regulatory guy). We are not planning on announcing features, capabilities, etc, until later in the year, so the publishing of the O/M as well as other photographs normally on the site were months premature to our announcement. Fortunately, it looks like we beat the FCC site surfers by a couple of days in getting the info taken down. :)

Let the speculation continue. We are getting some exciting stuff ready for a nationwide announcement.

I'm only interested in whether it decodes DMR, P25 is pretty much non existent here over the pond.

Becoming more like Apple with each release, maybe we'll have to make appointments to buy one or queue for a week ;-)

daneg 09-23-2013 12:11 PM

I assume it's a Home Patrol replacement?

Where do you find this FCC information

UPMan 09-23-2013 12:11 PM

Actually, HomePatrol-1 was similarly hidden until launch. I much prefer to make my own product announcements rather than relying on the incomplete/preliminary information that appears on the FCC's web site.

dispatcher812 09-23-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daneg (Post 2044776)
I assume it's a Home Patrol replacement?

I hope not. After reading several posts about them I do not want one.

woodpecker 09-23-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daneg (Post 2044776)
I assume it's a Home Patrol replacement?

Where do you find this FCC information

Search the FCC database for grantee AMW and product ID UB375

woodpecker 09-23-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPMan (Post 2044777)
Actually, HomePatrol-1 was similarly hidden until launch. I much prefer to make my own product announcements rather than relying on the incomplete/preliminary information that appears on the FCC's web site.

I guess you'll be launching on or before 16/11 then as that is when the docs are released?

lep 09-23-2013 3:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPMan (Post 2044777)
Actually, HomePatrol-1 was similarly hidden until launch. I much prefer to make my own product announcements rather than relying on the incomplete/preliminary information that appears on the FCC's web site.

My recollection is the HP-1 was shown to dealers and software writers [the Trade] in Dallas in July 2010 and began appearing at dealers in September 2010. I received my own in October 2010, just about exactly 3 years ago. A 3 year product life cycle ain't bad in this business.

troymail 09-23-2013 3:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodpecker (Post 2044718)
Looks like its on its way, passed FCC, manual temporary confidential until 11/16 though (why?), about the only thing of interest available is a back panel drawing, it has USB and GPS/Remote sockets amongst the usual.

Hmmmmm..... unless there is more than this one submission, doesn't appear to be a handheld.... Strike one.

wesct 09-23-2013 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daneg (Post 2044776)
I assume it's a Home Patrol replacement?

Where do you find this FCC information

Here is a link:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...cc_id=AMWUB375

Yes, it seems to be a mobile. The usb connector is new.

scanningisfun 09-23-2013 3:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troymail (Post 2044909)
Hmmmmm..... unless there is more than this one submission, doesn't appear to be a handheld.... Strike one.

You can't say that this is the only model planned. I was going through the FCC website last weekend looking for it! One weekend too early.

Jacob

daneg 09-23-2013 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesct (Post 2044910)
Here is a link:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...cc_id=AMWUB375

Yes, it seems to be a mobile. The usb connector is new.

Thanks. checking out the back, that doesn't appear to be a home patrol does it?

PhillyPhoto 09-23-2013 6:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daneg (Post 2044926)
Thanks. checking out the back, that doesn't appear to be a home patrol does it?

No, it looks exactly like the back of the 996 series, with the addition of a USB port.

petrol88 09-23-2013 6:54 PM

That looks like a "A" USB jack (like the scanner is a PC). ??? Now we'll be able to use a mouse on our scanner?

lep 09-23-2013 7:06 PM

One item of interest on the Label is the country of manufacture: Vietnam.

aharry 09-23-2013 7:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrol88 (Post 2045020)
That looks like a "A" USB jack (like the scanner is a PC). ??? Now we'll be able to use a mouse on our scanner?

Interesting observation, more likely a USB flash drive than a mouse but certainly not standard for a computer interface.

n3617400 09-23-2013 8:57 PM

Now a firmware update will be installed through flash memory.
it is a pity that there is no USB connector type "B" for connect to PC.
Again, the ancient COM port.

milf 09-23-2013 9:09 PM

Let them have an A connecter as I can go to ANY electronics/computer shop and get an adapter... DUH! Fryes, Tiger.... the list of places you can get adapters for ANY computer USB/Firewire etc device is endless!:lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger