my new bcd396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anmaguco

hi, I'm new on this field of scanning, I bought a bcd396xt and have gotten some frequencies so far by doing search (here in bogota or in colombia we don't have all the things you have to program scanners, basically either we have the frequencies supply by a police or ambulance official programmer or we get them the old fashion way by doing search), some of the frequencies I got are in EDACS and I got another one in p25. Is there a way to start from there to build the whole system? Does the 396xt finds the control frequency if I have another one? What would be a easy and basic way to program a p25 system?

thanks for the help and sorry about my english

andres
bogota- colombia

teufler

Bueno, yo aprendí algo sobre RadioReference.There son frecuencias de Columbia en la base de datos. En el lado derecho de la pantalla, haga clic en seleccionar el país, a continuación, cuando la lista aparece, haga clic en Columbia. Cuando la ventana de la base de datos aparece, haga clic en el país, en el lado izquierdo de la pantalla. A continuación, elija Agewncy o aeropuertos. Me encontré con un anuncio para Medellín y aeropuertos, a continuación, un sistema de concentración de enlaces en la parte inferior. No tanto como aparece en los Estados Unidos, pero la primer llamada automática del escáner podría aparecer algunas cosas también. miguel, wd0gsy

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Bueno, yo aprendí algo sobre RadioReference.There son frecuencias de Columbia en la base de datos. En el lado derecho de la pantalla, haga clic en seleccionar el país, a continuación, cuando la lista aparece, haga clic en Columbia. Cuando la ventana de la base de datos aparece, haga clic en el país, en el lado izquierdo de la pantalla. A continuación, elija Agewncy o aeropuertos. Me encontré con un anuncio para Medellín y aeropuertos, a continuación, un sistema de concentración de enlaces en la parte inferior. No tanto como aparece en los Estados Unidos, pero la primer llamada automática del escáner podría aparecer algunas cosas también. miguel, wd0gsy

He proporcionado toda esa información a la OP en un hilo anterior.

http://forums.radioreference.com/new-user-getting-started-forum/276887-colombia.html

Anmaguco

si vi esa info y ya la subi al scanner, he encontrado mas frecuencias para el convenio de ambulancias de la secretaria de salud q funciona en EDACS pero no tengo la frecuencia principal asi q las conversaciones q cojo no las puedo seguir 100%, tambien tengo la red de emergencias, movilidad y una distrital q creo es la DPAE las cuales funcionan en 140-170 y si se oyen perfecto pero las q mas me interesan o estoy buscando son de la secretaria de salud y bomberos pero en la primera no he podido encontrar la de las ambulancias propias (no convenio) ya q tengo entendido q son digitales y en p25 y la de bomberos pues ni rastro. Si hay alguna forma de encontrarlas o alguien q las programe pues estoy abierto a sugerencias.

fenderblue

Freescan-396xt-newbie

I downloaded freescan for my new 396xt. I got no shortcut when I got done downloading. Are there different type of freescan downloads. I ended up with 3 different shortcuts. Wise Convert-My PC Backup-Mobogenie? I installed the usb- serial cable from RS (26-3487) and the cable that came w/radio to the proper ports and I don't know what to do? I have Windows 7.
My Radio Shack man took my scanner and hooked up to his laptop and showed me how to find the freq thru Radio Reference and we got some installed but I want to edit some of them at home.
Did I not get the proper download?
Do I have the proper cable?
Radio Shack is 40 miles away.
I am just a surfer w/the internet..
I have finally got my Home Patrol figured out ok.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is really hard to understand (and this question really doesn't belong here, since your questions start with FreeScan. We have a dedicated forum for scanner software questions like these). It sounds like you are jamming several questions all in the same message, so let's be more specific

a. You shouldn't get a shortcut just from downloading from the FreeScan website. You must execute the downloaded file (double click on it) and it should install, assuming you have the newer .Net framework already installed.

b. 3 downloads?? Be more specific - what are these 3 downloads? What do they say? If you are using the web service, it dumps the data directly into FreeScan's editor - it does not create any downloads. Is that what you are thinking? If so then you should take a look at the user guide, which you can access from FreeScan using Help / Online Help from the toolbar. The RR Web service downloads are fully documented there. There are 2 types - one for trunked data, the other for conventional data.

c. I'm pretty sure the USB-serial cable from RS won't work with the Uniden scanners. What you really need is a generic USB-serial cable from places like Best Buy, or order the USB-1 (really that's the best choice) from Scanner Master. This topic is also fully documented in our wiki in the article below...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm sure someone can help you with discarding the drivers - that's something that frankly I've never done.

d. We have a wiki article set up with links to just about everything you need to know to program your radio. Be sure to check the links at the bottom -- these are the links to the Easier to Read manuals. Don't even think of trying to use the Uniden supplied manuals - they're a mess

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

I really wouldn't trust most RS sales reps to actually know what they're doing with a scanner. He might, but I kinda doubt it...

HTH...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.