BCD536HP Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Sl2xyv6.jpg

BCD536HP Mobile, Wifi, and More

TheBCD536HP is Uniden's new flagship mobile scanner...which incorporates two firsts. Like the BCD436HP, it is the first standard mobile scanner to include the ease of use of the HomePatrol-style database; simply enter your zip code and away you go. But, the BCD536HP adds to that WiFi connectivity, allowing you to listen to and control your scanner using your smartphone or tablet...from anywhere in your home, vehicle, or around the world.
4 Gigabyte microSD card holds the entire USA and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
Programmable Alert LED lets you set a specific color to alert you when a channel becomes active.
TrunkTracker V with support for APCO Project 25 Phase I and Phase II, X2-TDMA, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunked Radio Systems
Quick Key access to 100 Favorites Lists, 100 Systems per Favorites List, and 100 Departments per System.
Discovery Modes help you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
Analysis Modes include Band Scope, RF Power Plot, Trunked System Analysis, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
Flexible Easy Channel Selection using Zip Code or GPS and Service Types — just pick the kinds of channels you want to hear and tell the BCD536HP where you are and let it do the rest.
Easy Scan Control using the dedicated System, Department and Channel Hold buttons.
Complete Front-Panel Programmability — create custom Favorites Lists either using systems from the main database as a starting point or program your systems from scratch.
Temporary Avoid lets you quickly silence unwanted systems, departments, or channels while allowing you to restore them by cycling power.
Backlight-on-Squelch option allows the backlight to remain on during an entire transmission.
Date/Time indication on display with time stamping for recordings.
Trunked and Conventional Channel Priority with Priority Do-Not-Disturb
Close Call® RF Capture with Do-Not-Disturb automatically tunes the scanner to nearby transmissions without interrupting reception in progress.
NOAA Weather Alert with SAME
Two-Tone Paging with up to 32 tone slots
Flexible Scanning — scan from any combination of the main database and Favorites Lists
Included Sentinel Software makes database and firmware updates simple. Also allows you to create, edit, and manage your Favorites Lists.
USB PC Connectivity
Serial GPS input for location-based scanning useing the Uniden GC-GPSK or other compatible GPS receiver.
64 x 288-Pixel Dot-Matrix Display
Backlit Display and Keypad
Printed manual in the box with online updates.
Available January, 2014

Uniden New Scanners Info Site

Uniden BCD536HP Spec Sheet in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.

Uniden BCD436HP & BCD536HP Owners manual in Adobe Acrobat PDF format

Sentinel software program companion to the BCD436HP/BCD536HP.

Last edited:

kman

So will you be able to stream the sound direct from the BCD536HP thought your home Wifi to your cell phone that is out with you on the road? IT was not clear sounds like you can for sure do it in your house?

PhillyPhoto

So since they put a mini USB connector on the front, I guess I'm SOL as far as a remote head goes? I doubt the old ones will work, and with their push for the phone app over WiFi I'm not sure that we'll see a replacement head come out.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Again Phase II way after it was needed, no DMR, no NXDN, no LTR Pass Port, no LTR Multinet, no proper support for multisite P25..... Other than that, awesome tool.. Would play with one, but... Not on the ball. Will wait to see just what Whistler puts out in its 3 or 4 in 2014.

brennank

They are a little slammed at the moment, so don't expect it to work.

I for one will be getting this bad boy. Hopefully it is a 1DIN scanner aswell so I can easily slide out my 15x and slip this right in. Looks amazing. Nice work Uniden.
As much as I would like to see a lower price this is honestly fair and I am happy with it.

I am interested to see how it programs. I have no experience with any of the home patrols scanners. I have grown to like FreeScan, so hopefully we can still have some power user software to take full control of the scanner. I never program mine without the software, too damn complicated.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
So since they put a mini USB connector on the front, I guess I'm SOL as far as a remote head goes? I doubt the old ones will work, and with their push for the phone app over WiFi I'm not sure that we'll see a replacement head come out.

Good lord, why is that such a big deal? Get a cheap Android tablet and mount it in your vehicle. Now (with the wifi feature) you have a remote head.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Anything on whether this model is a little more "friendly" on the simulcast system distortion problem?

Also, they mention "Motorola" separately from the APCO type 1 and 2 systems. Isn't TRBO a Motorola thing therefore the new model will receive such?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Good lord, why is that such a big deal? Get a cheap Android tablet and mount it in your vehicle. Now (with the wifi feature) you have a remote head.

Exactly! "World without wires". Sounds like a good idea to me...:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.