USB Mode - Selecting Serial Port BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
So I have the serial driver installed and it is installed correctly. It shows up as port 8 and connects to it in RadioFeed.

Now as some of you know who have this scanner you plug the USB in and it asks...

Mass Storage="E" Serial Port="."

Now correct me if I am wrong but isn't he . the "no" button?

When I press it to go to serial it just exits out all together and I hear it disconnect.

Am I missing something?

-Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I believe what you are hearing is it connecting. The PC isn't going to see the scanner until you select which option to use, then it will attach to the scanner using whichever mode you selected.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
Yep that is what it was doing. I was expecting it to connect to Sentinel through the serial connection but I guess it doesn't work that way.

Other than transferring meta data to software what other benefits does they serial connection have?

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Might I ask where I can find the serial driver? I just received the ARCPRO beta but cannot run the virtual screen without the driver. I plugged the USB cable in but was told the driver did not install correctly.
John

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Might I ask where I can find the serial driver? I just received the ARCPRO beta but cannot run the virtual screen without the driver. I plugged the USB cable in but was told the driver did not install correctly.
John

Drivers come with the ARC536beta. Go to c:\program files\butel\arc536 for the drivers.

Gommert
Butel Software

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Drivers come with the ARC536beta. Go to c:\program files\butel\arc536 for the drivers.

Gommert
Gommert, If we purchase the ARC536 now, do we download the beta version, or do we still have to wait?
Thank you.

Steve AA6IO

No wait, just send me a message after the purchase and then I will forward the latest beta.That info is also in the purchase confirmation email.

Gommert
Butel Software

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
I'm running Windows 8.1 on my laptop. I installed the serial drivers. When I connect the USB cable to my scanner, Windows detects it and I can see "Uniden Serial Port (COM5)" under Ports in Device Manager. No errors. When I press "." for Serial Port on the scanner, it beeps and return to scanning.

Any suggestions? I already try to uninstall and reinstall the serial driver. I can see Uniden Serial Port in Device Manager until I unplug the USB cable from the scanner.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
I'm running Windows 8.1 on my laptop. I installed the serial drivers. When I connect the USB cable to my scanner, Windows detects it and I can see "Uniden Serial Port (COM5)" under Ports in Device Manager. No errors. When I press "." for Serial Port on the scanner, it beeps and return to scanning.

Any suggestions? I already try to uninstall and reinstall the serial driver. I can see Uniden Serial Port in Device Manager until I unplug the USB cable from the scanner.

This was the premise of my original question.

As stated that is normal.

I was expecting something different too. It doesn't work as you would normally expect.

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks. I bought ARC536 Pro and running the beta version. ARC536PRO Virtual Control Beta is not working and I thought it was related to the driver.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't sound like a driver problem. Do you have any other programs you can test it with like RadioFeed that is free just so you can see if it is sending data? Only take a second to setup and if it works with that then you know it is a problem with the ARC536PRO software.

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
I found my problem. I did not know the number on the left of the Start button was the COM port number. I picked my COM port number and it work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.