Official BCD996T Post Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I contacted Scanners Unlimited today and placed an order. They said the "truck's on the way" and they will receive them on Tuesday and Thursday. I requested standard shipping, and they said it would probably be sent to me Thursday. When it's been shipped, they will give me a tracking number.

STiMULi

I am so Happy! I will be happier in a few days!

Maybe I am not thinking straight (been driving 17 hours straight and Up for 24) but why hide the serial number in photos? I have seen that alot lately.

It is not like a LIC plate. Not complaining just wondering...

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
996T/PRO-2096 Comparison Photos

I just got mine, courtesy of Jeff at The Hamstation. In a day or so I'll provide my usual "non-technical out-of-the-box review". Scanner Freak already posted some nifty photos of it as it came out of the box; I thought I'd add a few for anyone interested in the side by side physical comparison to the PRO-2096. Obviously given its DIN characteristics you know it's going to be of the same rough size, but here's the actual view:

comparison3.jpg

comparison4.jpg

comparison6.jpg

After making sure it worked I added my favorite "rubber feet" (Radio Shack part #64-2342) as mine will split time between my truck and the radio room.

So far so good! I had it programmed in about 5 minutes thanks to the fact I could use my 396T's UASD files. I'll be taking it mobile in about an hour or so. Reports to follow.

Last edited:

RocketMan1

it looks like the display is much larger, but not as well lit up. Does it have the capability to add more characters to the tags than only the 16 the 2096 offers?

STiMULi

RocketMan1 said:
it looks like the display is much larger, but not as well lit up. Does it have the capability to add more characters to the tags than only the 16 the 2096 offers?

The screen on the 2096 is the same as the 96.

I have the 96.

Last night while driving between 7:30 pm and 6:00 am I was wishing there was some way I could dim that light.

I look forward to the 996 display. I will use red as it is easier on your night vision.

16 is the limit as far as I have read

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
RocketMan1 said:
Make that 12 for the 96/2096

dfw1417

AGC Question

I have read in another post here that the AGC not only is on/off but that there is some type of threshold adjustment. However, I could not find threshold even mentioned in ANY of the online manuals available for downloading. Am I missing something here... or just misunderstanding the posts I have read.

TIA.

jpm

yep just ordered mine from communications electronics. can't wait.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
How about keeping this thread related to the 996 post-release?

dfw1417

Post Release Thread

It says "NOW THAT THE SCANNER IS OUT --- ALL ALL ALL Discussions can be held here!!!

I thought I read it right

rdale

Premium Subscriber
So far all that seems to be discussed is the Pro96 display, who ordered it, and serial numbers ;>

STiMULi

rdale said:
So far all that seems to be discussed is the Pro96 display, who ordered it, and serial numbers ;>

There are probably 5 people that have them.

Patience! :D

So far all that seems to be discussed is the Pro96 display, who ordered it, serial numbers and patience

safetyobc

Those luck few that have one,

What are your initial impressions and how is the overall sensitivity compared to other scanners?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
"So far all that seems to be discussed is the Pro96 display, who ordered it, serial numbers and patience"

I agree - so if you aren't one that has one - either post a message or post elsewhere or this thread will be overcome in a hurry...

STiMULi

I do think the we can start a thread on where to buy them to keep that discussion off of here.

Lou you can kill my posts if you want. You'll know when I get mine. :)

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
As I expected, and have experienced with the 396T, VHF-HI is IMHO quite superior to the PRO-2096. The jury is still out on UHF, 800, and VHF-Lo.

More to follow.

safetyobc said:
Those luck few that have one,

What are your initial impressions and how is the overall sensitivity compared to other scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.