BCT8 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

statlc

ok i got the software for the bct8 but i am still lost on entering trucked freq. can anyone give me a step by step walkthrough on how to do this.
also since i travel from state to state in the midwest (kc,mo,ok,ar,il,in,mn,ne) can i save these freq and upload them to my scanner as i enter the state ?!

any help would be grateful :D

cmprather69

not easy...at least for me

i actually spent the extra $40 and bought the ARC8 software; i'm not sure if it's worth $40, but it did save me having to enter everything on the panel. i don't know that i have my trunked freqs programmed correctly, and i'll be posting something about that here shortly.

if you're going to be traveling from one state to another, i might suggest you set up a bank for each state...of course, that limits you to 5 banks, but perhaps not if you bulk a couple together...

otherwise, you might be stuck with relying on the BCT8 to pick out your channels when set to the State scan mode.

good luck!!!

flip230

What do you need software for? I got the same modleand its nothing more than an owners amnual and data base deposit.

I can't figure out anyway to program this silly thing for my loca pd. i HAVE THE FREQUENCY BUT ITS NOT WORKING.

iS THERE ANYONE OR RESOURCE THAT OFFERS TELEPHONE SUPPORT?

cmprather69

alternately, there is the 996

of course, you could always spend some major cash and get the BCD996T, which programs itself as it tracks you via GPS... eek, $600?

tjey

I need help on programing my uniden bct8 to Johns creek ga police, fire and rual metro. I don't really understand the trunking systems and the frequencies listed here won't enter. somehow i have 856.4125 which has these but a whole lot others, as jail, dog catchers, SO court watch...How do i program just to get JCPD/fire/Rual Metro.
Here are the frequencies rr has listed:46384 Johns Creek Police Main 46928 Johns Creek PD TAC 46960 Johns Creek PD Detectives 47248 ChatCom Fire Agencies - TAC 2 - Responses 47280 ChatCom Fire Agencies - TAC 6 - Fireground 47376 ChatCom Fire Agencies - TAC 4 Fireground 49008 ChatComm Fire Agencies - TAC 12 49104 ChatComm 911 Fire Dispatch (Johns Creek & Sandy Springs FDs) 47088 Chattahoochee National Recreation Area 48688 Rural/Metro Ambulance in North Fulton 48784 Rural/Metro Ambulance North Admin. I understand as a prem member here there is an easy way.I'm a novice at this so be easy so be easy on me.

Drowsiness

I need help on programing my uniden bct8 to Johns creek ga police, fire and rual metro. I don't really understand the trunking systems and the frequencies listed here won't enter. somehow i have 856.4125 which has these but a whole lot others, as jail, dog catchers, SO court watch...How do i program just to get JCPD/fire/Rual Metro.
Here are the frequencies rr has listed:46384 Johns Creek Police Main 46928 Johns Creek PD TAC 46960 Johns Creek PD Detectives 47248 ChatCom Fire Agencies - TAC 2 - Responses 47280 ChatCom Fire Agencies - TAC 6 - Fireground 47376 ChatCom Fire Agencies - TAC 4 Fireground 49008 ChatComm Fire Agencies - TAC 12 49104 ChatComm 911 Fire Dispatch (Johns Creek & Sandy Springs FDs) 47088 Chattahoochee National Recreation Area 48688 Rural/Metro Ambulance in North Fulton 48784 Rural/Metro Ambulance North Admin. I understand as a prem member here there is an easy way.I'm a novice at this so be easy so be easy on me.

Are you seeking to program this via software because you do not have the manual?

tjey

The manual wasn't anyhelp and i don't have a cable for demo software. the RR frequencys don't seem to be correct as i can search and hit a channel, however it is not a dedicated channel just for Johns Creek area. RR on the laptop works well, but side by side, the bct has alot more unwanted traffic.

Drowsiness

The manual wasn't anyhelp and i don't have a cable for demo software. the RR frequencys don't seem to be correct as i can search and hit a channel, however it is not a dedicated channel just for Johns Creek area. RR on the laptop works well, but side by side, the bct has alot more unwanted traffic.

You can't set the PL on that, can you? I do not remember (sold my BCT8 about 3 years ago) if you can or not, but something is telling me "no."

bryon3642

ya, im also looking for a step by step walkthrough on programming trunked systems, im having a hard time understanding the manual on that

Status
Not open for further replies.