Utah Radio Scanning Group - Wiki/Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Hey all! Over the last couple days me and Ryan have been getting a Wiki for the group ready. We have a few things ready to roll out. We do not plan on the wiki replacing the features on RR, but supplementing it. The wiki will allow some features that we cannot do on RR. It's another resource for all of us. What we need is all of your help, please help add to the Wiki, suggest new ideas and uses for it. Feel free to edit the pages and add to the site.

http://utahradio.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

To edit pages, and contribute you will need to set up a account.

http://www.utahradio.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup

ryanisflyboy

Premium Subscriber
Do you guys think this post is worth a sticky? A wiki only a few know about isn't going to be very helpful.

qlajlu

Silent Key
If our moderator can maybe move the top post of this thread to the main stuck that would be awesome!
If you are going to split out posts, you had better add the #2 post by ka3jjz because that post leads people to the tools they need to work with a Wiki.

ryanisflyboy

Premium Subscriber

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If I were to add the RadioReference portal page to your wiki, am I permitted to add that to the main article, or does an admin have to do it (which would be understandable)?

I don't want to create a rather large orphan. 73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've already added it to the Location Specific - United States article. I'll join your wiki and add it sometime tomorrow. My eyes are getting crossed, hi.

73 and thanx...Mike

ryanisflyboy

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully some day we can get this sticky. Utah_viper and I have been busy adding more pages. We are up to 46 articles. Does anyone out there feel like contributing? Also, we are going to need more people if we want to get a tour of the ComuerLink TOC in January. Please sign up so we can make the arrangements.

http://www.utahradio.org/mediawiki/index.php/January_2009

I have a feeling a lot of people would be interested - we are just having a hard time getting the word out. Anything you all can do to help would be appreciated.

Tom_AF7J

Is there a Chatrrom?

Hello I thought I saw a Wiki or Text for a IRC chatroom it was #utahradio I think but

I am Not sure, And The UN use page seems to be more like a Photo album. The wiki is nice but hard to navigate, could be set up better if you can change things around it might be nice. But, hey the site is at no cost, so I will not complain.

Thanks 73
Tom_AF7J

Tom_AF7J

Sorry Bandon But iam Geting 500 internal server Error

Server: irc.freenode.net Channel: #utahradio

I am geting this on the page?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, web@freenode.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at irc.freenode.net Port 80

I wonder if WyldRyde would work it is a IRC

Tom_AF7J

Utahradio chatroom help

This site seams to work it is Java
http://java.freenode.net/
I found that I can go to this site and put in My Nickname and it will let me connect to

#utahradio
I only saw Ryan on the channel
Chat
8pm MST Tonight 1/23/2009

ryanisflyboy

Premium Subscriber
Tom,

Normally you would connect to irc.freenode.net on port 6667 with an IRC client, like mIRC. Not on port 80 with a web browser. http://java.freenode.net/ is a web based front-end to IRC. If that works for you, great!

I'm always in the channel. I have a screen session up pretty much all the time. Feel free to drop a note even if I am not there. I will do what I can to be in there around 8pm tonight. However, I'm not sure if I can make it. That shouldn't stop anyone from participating though.

Windows Client: http://www.mirc.com/

Under Linux I start a screen session on my server, then start irssi (a text based IRC client). Then, I can disconnect and reconnect to that screen session from any place in the world using SSH (PuTTY under windows, or the Linux openssh client). It comes in handy in my line of work, where I travel a lot. I'll be using it frequently next week from the San Jose area. It also does more than just hold the IRC channel, which is the real power.

justinnine

Help with BCT-8

I have a bct-8 that I received for xmas I dont know alot about these things,just wanted to be able to listen to it. I live in Kaysville,Utah and am wondering if ther are any clubs or anyone that would be able to help me set it up. Just pm me or send me a email at justinnine@msn.com Thanks Justin

walld13

Imac computer

I have a IMac computer 10.3.5
Desk top has anyboady run trunker on imac yet if so can any ine help me out

Highpockets

I would like to see the members of the Utah Wiki go to the Special Pages (Users List) and fill in some info about yourself, not being from Utah but, feel like part of the group, I'd like to know a little about the people in the Group, doesn't have to be a book, even a couple of lines would be great. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.