Tooele 11H units?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I'm hearing 11H units dispatched on Tooele Law 1, but I'm not seeing them on our list:

Utah State Agency Radio Call Identifiers - The RadioReference Wiki

Does anyone know what agency this is?

I believe I heard this identified once as Dugway but I'm not 100%

It is always nice finding new TGs to add to the Db, but do you have any idea what it takes to update the Wiki? Moving the state's call signs from the Utah Db to the Utah Collaboration in the RR Wiki was a three day job. Wiki markup language does not allow a sort and so tables, such as the one now showing Utah call signs (linked by kd7rto), needs to be done totally by hand, ...manually.

Don't misunderstand me. If we indeed do have a new call sign, I will update the Wiki to reflect it, but don't rush to confirm it! :D [Just kidding!]

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
Its not really a new call sign been there since i lived here just never really knew who it was either but i think its Ibapah units im in the process of makeing sure give me time and hopefully i will know soon.

kd7rto

That's for identifying them, That's one I never would have guessed. One callsign I have not heard has been 4H, Wendover. I assume the Utah side is covered by 1H now?

Rolfman

Yep the 1H guys are doing the policing out there. You will hear 4H600 series for the fire guys once in a while. Since the 919 ambulance guys are quicker to respond I do not here the fire called out as often out there as you do in the rest of the county on medicals.

The Dugway guys are P-25 encrypted far as I know. There is a small amount of chatter on a few frequencies out there that was kind of routine stuff but I did not spend much time trying to check it out since I was there on business. Gary spent some time out that way this spring I think but not sure what he found out.

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
I'm hearing 11H units dispatched on Tooele Law 1, but I'm not seeing them on our list:

Utah State Agency Radio Call Identifiers - The RadioReference Wiki

Does anyone know what agency this is?

You'll find 11H in the Utah State Agency Radio Call Identifiers now. You will also notice that I have changed the format for that particular table because I have had to make edits to it on four occasions and to add a call sign requires typing the whole thing from start to finish. Anyone who has worked with Wiki markup language will see immediately that the changes I have made will make it much easier to do edits in the future. It may not be as "pretty" as it was before, but it is functional.

Yes as Rolfman and me said its the Ibapah. Indian Tribal Police.

I'm sure you are probably right about this being Tribal Police, but that brings up an interesting question because all other Tribal Police Departments in the state carry a Federal Call Sign (i.e. 7B - Ft. Duchesne Indian Police, 8B - Mexican Hat Indian Police, 15B - Goshute Tribe Indian Police).

Are we sure this is an Indian Police Force? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Goshute Tribe inhabit the area around Ibapah? Funny they wouldn't use 15B as a call sign if that is the case...or is this like a town marshal?

Rolfman

When that call sign started showing up a while back and I was trying to figure out who they were, and I also pondered that. While I can not say that they are or are not tribal police I just assumed that since they were not taking the call sign already assigned that it was some sort of constable type deal.

I have never heard them give any locations other than the main road out there and they just refer to it as Ibapah Road and what ever mile marker. There was even a faux pas the other day when a 11H unit called 10-60 and just gave Main Street as a location. Tooele Dispatch called back and ask, “Main Street where?”

Highpockets

You'll find 11H in the Utah State Agency Radio Call Identifiers now. You will also notice that I have changed the format for that particular table because I have had to make edits to it on four occasions and to add a call sign requires typing the whole thing from start to finish. Anyone who has worked with Wiki markup language will see immediately that the changes I have made will make it much easier to do edits in the future. It may not be as "pretty" as it was before, but it is functional.

I'm sure you are probably right about this being Tribal Police, but that brings up an interesting question because all other Tribal Police Departments in the state carry a Federal Call Sign (i.e. 7B - Ft. Duchesne Indian Police, 8B - Mexican Hat Indian Police, 15B - Goshute Tribe Indian Police).

Are we sure this is an Indian Police Force? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Goshute Tribe inhabit the area around Ibapah? Funny they wouldn't use 15B as a call sign if that is the case...or is this like a town marshal?

I noticed the changes you made in the Wiki, very nice job! I probably could have done better! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.