Salt lake Co Maps and Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Greeting fellow monitoring fans...

I am just now getting a real good chance (with Beams Antenna) to copy the traffic of the Greater Salt Lake, Tooele and Utah counties...
However, I am noticing that I don't have the foggest idea of what the area or callsign sign of these fine public safety emploees are and was woundering if someone has a link or charts or anything that might be of assistance to my monitoring skills.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Greeting fellow monitoring fans...

I am just now getting a real good chance (with Beams Antenna) to copy the traffic of the Greater Salt Lake, Tooele and Utah counties...
However, I am noticing that I don't have the foggest idea of what the area or callsign sign of these fine public safety emploees are and was woundering if someone has a link or charts or anything that might be of assistance to my monitoring skills.

I'm not exactly sure what it is you are asking here. You will find a list of call signs of all agencies within the State of Utah here. Some of the counties have their own way of calling the public service units in their county and to find out how they work click on the county here.

mrlthse

Map of area of coverage

Outstanding reply, Thank you I can use this information to make sense of what I am moniotoring.....

Now, If you could... Is there a map of the "area coverage" available that each authority covers...

What I am trying to say is there a map of juridiction, like region one UHP covers box elder weber county region, and region two covers davis co and so on...

A MAP... I can read a map, follow the border lines, see who is responsible for what action in what area,
The old police call books in the back section had these maps but it has been way to long now.

Utah_Viper

Outstanding reply, Thank you I can use this information to make sense of what I am moniotoring.....

Now, If you could... Is there a map of the "area coverage" available that each authority covers...

What I am trying to say is there a map of juridiction, like region one UHP covers box elder weber county region, and region two covers davis co and so on...

A MAP... I can read a map, follow the border lines, see who is responsible for what action in what area,
The old police call books in the back section had these maps but it has been way to long now.

This may be a step in the direction your looking for:

Google Earth - UtahRadio

N7YUO

For starters, you can tell area of coverage for most SL County cities by the TG. When my scanner displays Sandy PD*22048, there is no doubt about the agency or area of coverage. Now the SLCO Sheriff has callsigns that indicate various areas and rank.
Car One is The Sheriff, Car Twenty is a lieutenant, the watch commander.
Alpha and Bravo units are east side, Charlie and Delta units are west side.
Patrol units give are designated name-number: Charlie-8
Sergeants (Supervisors) are One-Alpha, One-Bravo, Two-Charlie, Three-Delta, etc
I believe the number designates their shift. 1st shift, 2nd shift, 3rd shift.
there are units with numerical designations: 125, 218, I used to have a list of those callsigns that designated detectives, juvinile div, and others.

horntoad

For starters, you can tell area of coverage for most SL County cities by the TG. When my scanner displays Sandy PD*22048, there is no doubt about the agency or area of coverage. Now the SLCO Sheriff has callsigns that indicate various areas and rank.
Car One is The Sheriff, Car Twenty is a lieutenant, the watch commander.
Alpha and Bravo units are east side, Charlie and Delta units are west side.
Patrol units give are designated name-number: Charlie-8
Sergeants (Supervisors) are One-Alpha, One-Bravo, Two-Charlie, Three-Delta, etc
I believe the number designates their shift. 1st shift, 2nd shift, 3rd shift.
there are units with numerical designations: 125, 218, I used to have a list of those callsigns that designated detectives, juvinile div, and others.

I am new to scanning. How do you know that 22048 is Sandy PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.