UCAN New SIte #47 Laketown

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Drove up Logan Canyon to the Bear Lake Overlook this AM. Was lovely with Bear Lake all shrouded in fog, but the towers on the East side of the lake visible. Will try to figure how to get a pix up of the towers I took from there - about 6 miles away.

I did not hear any voice traffic, but strong control signal on 853.9125. The PSE 500 decoded "LKTOWN" as the name on the control channel and site 47. Unitrunker showed 853.9125 as control and 853.6625 as alt control. Peers were Medicine Butte, Humpy and Beaver (Kinda surprised NOT Logan Peak) Monitored for ~30 mins and no calls heard or shown on Unitrunker.

These 2 fit with the license WQKZ451, which also shows 853.125, 852.625, and 851.8125, tho I never heard/saw any voice traffic on these 3. Now to see if anything ever shows up on it! Copied the control buzz down Logan Canyon to about 2 miles S of Beaver.

Wally

Will submit after eating turkey tomorrow

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
The only way you can tell if its a trunking channel thats used is that most trunking channels key up once a second. That Might help with confiming that they are at least used.

Status
Not open for further replies.