Who is on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Hey, I have been scanner the bands and have found an air traffic frequency on 51.85 MHZ ...
Anyone have any idea of who this is?

Signal6

Premium Subscriber
Chris, it's funny that you ask this question. I have a Motorola Syntor 6-10 Meter radio set up here in the shack. I do not have that frequency but one close to it, and usually late at night I hear that Air Traffic on Lowband (6 Meters) I can never make out who it is but it sounds distant. My question to you is what time of day are you hearing it and are you hearing it on a handheld with a rubber duck or on an outside antenna? I am too curious what we are hearing.

mrlthse

camp williams

Well, it appears as if it is coming from Camp Williams from my shack in Layton, UT
I have an 30 ft tower and a icom Icon antenna, I hear it mostly at night cause I work doing the day...
also try 40.875 & 49.75 MHz Please,Let me and the group know of your finding...

Signal6

Premium Subscriber
Well that would make sense Like I said I am hearing it on a close frequency almost like its intermod or bleed over I am on the South End of the Salt Lake Valley Camp Williams is very very close to me. I am on an outside antenna as well set up for 6 meters but its 35 feet in the air. I have not had a chance to plug in those other two frequencies to the scanner yet but will let you know. I work nights and sleep in the day so when I am up late nights is usually when I hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.