Ronnie Lee Gardner Execution; Prison Comms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Does anyone here know the feed admins that feed the SLC valley feeds? i would be very interested if tonight they could possibly provide the Prison Comms along with any other relevant TGs for the execution.

cja1987

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here know the feed admins that feed the SLC valley feeds? i would be very interested if tonight they could possibly provide the Prison Comms along with any other relevant TGs for the execution.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to feed for you but what TG's would be active? I'm new to the area.

tbogs

In reference to the execution, the radio would remain silent. The Prison Security channel (TG) 7520 would be more active due to crowd and media control. I was monitoring point of the mountain via Unitrunker and noticed a few new TG's that were encrypted. Pretty much the only thing you'd hear is the regular comms like you do every day at the Prison. The Prison knows the general public can listen in by scanners so keeps communication of this importance down on the radio and uses phone calls or encrypted radio channels.

cja1987

Premium Subscriber
In reference to the execution, the radio would remain silent. The Prison Security channel (TG) 7520 would be more active due to crowd and media control. I was monitoring point of the mountain via Unitrunker and noticed a few new TG's that were encrypted. Pretty much the only thing you'd hear is the regular comms like you do every day at the Prison. The Prison knows the general public can listen in by scanners so keeps communication of this importance down on the radio and uses phone calls or encrypted radio channels.

Figured that was the most likely scenario.

Threw TG 7296 "Unita 1/2/4 (Maximum - Death Row / Gangs etc.)" into my scanner for the heck of it but did not hear one transmission, in fact I don't even think the TG is active because I have not even heard anything since. Never tried any of the other DOC TG's.

I wonder if the encrypted TG's that you were seeing were used to give the countdown/other info to the shooters. The media reports say the observers heard no countdown so they probably had in ear monitors that most likely went to some encrypted TG.

Only other thing I could think of is some type of internal phone system.

Piston52Heavy

Who cares what was being said, this guy got what he deserved! I tip my hat to the state of Utah for not tolerating pieces of trash like Mr. Gardner.

Sunshineandmonkeys

Premium Subscriber
Who cares what was being said.
There, fixed. Now you do not sound like an ignorant ass. Nobody involved in that case (Victims, their families, The state, and even [GASP!] Gardner himself or his family) got what they deserved--the Loss of a loved one through an act of violence. Justice was served, yes, and I agree with how, but everyone lost out in one way or another.

Prison Commo is tedious and boring, with the exception of major events--Riots, escapes, and so forth.....which are thankfully rare events.

Status
Not open for further replies.