Bluffdale, Saratoga Springs to share police force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

Does anyone know how this will be dispatched out or has anyone listened to see how this is working? Is there any new talkgroups? I have tried to listen but I have not been able to find anything.]

Bluffdale/Saratoga Springs is dispatched off the Utah County North TG (46112). Bluffdale units are 18 India (I heard 18 India 32 dispatched to a medical at a church and the dispatcher said "VECC has been notified and is en route." Since there are only four officers, a Sergeant and a clerk there really hasn't been much traffic. As far as TG's I'm only assuming that they would use Saratoga's car to car but someone monitoring SL County running trunker may find something else as Saratoga doesn' t use their TG's all too often.
SS is giving Bluffdale their own entity with cars and uniforms and callsigns all their own. Only difference ,for now, is they answer to Chief Hicken in Saratoga until Bluffdale can have the population to run the show on their own.

Junior1970

Probably both since there are parts of Bluffdale like east towards the mountains where UC Simo doesn't come in clear. I'm sure their radios will affilite with both sites and Nelson. I used to hear County traffic on Nelson before all this change occured.

The breakdown is this. They hired five officers: A 12 year veteran out of Utah County SO, a 20 year veteran from Unified PD, a nine year veteran from Farmington PD, a 2.5 year veteran from the SL Airport PD and a 2.3 year veteran from Logan PD. Plus two records clerks.

This info comes from the police blotter and SS city council minutes published in the Crossroads Journal which is the hometown newspaper for SS and EM.

Status
Not open for further replies.