Interior dept of air grnd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Hey,
Did anybody else copy that bit of traffic on 172.325MHz at 20:05 hours.
It sounded like a report of status from the dept of interior BLM central / southern utah
QUESTION: Is there some one who has all the frequencies utilized by the dept of agriculture (forestry) and or Interoir, Dept (BLM) combined in the Utah state area or surrounding.

ecps92

What you heard was the channel that is used for "Air-Ground 1"

Grand County, Utah (UT) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Hey,
Did anybody else copy that bit of traffic on 172.325MHz at 20:05 hours.
It sounded like a report of status from the dept of interior BLM central / southern utah
QUESTION: Is there some one who has all the frequencies utilized by the dept of agriculture (forestry) and or Interoir, Dept (BLM) combined in the Utah state area or surrounding.

gregfab

Northern Utah Interagency Fire Center Frequencies

Hope this helps with the request for additional freq's, and is not redundant because you already have this info.

The list that I have, which is maybe a statewide list, or at least Northern Utah's list for NUIFC radio comm's:

172.3250 - Air to ground 1
171.5750 - Air to ground 2
164.9750 - Air to ground 3
168.7750 - NUIFC 1
170.5000 - NUIFC 2
168.7250 - NUIFC 3
164.2000 - NUIFC 4
159.4350 - NUIFC 5

The NUIFC named freq's would be the "operations" channel for units on the ground.

I listen to 168.125 as part of my scan freq's, Logan Ranger District uses that as a channel. NUIFC is also heard on that freq several times a day for fire traffic and weather/unit info reports.

Yesterday I heard NUIFC on 168.125 dispatch the Vernon station (BLM ?) to a fire. They gave out a comm plan with the dispatch. Air-Ground 2, and Tac 2 (NUIFC 2) on Black Crook. It appears that they use 168.125 and probably multi cast on other freq's so that a lot of the units in the state can hear every fire dispatched.

As a side note: Recently we had a fire in Blacksmith Fork Canyon. USFS 471 and 671 were on scene with Cache County units. Since Cache has switched to 800 mhz and probably not many VHF radios were on that scene, the 2 USFS engines were loaned 800 mhz radios by CCFD so they could communicate with our personnel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.