Ford Ridge Site 38 UCAN Unitruker-Retro Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Pic of Some of the Groups That Come Through Ford Ridge. Lately The UTCOSO Has Been Coming Clear to MP 220 Of SR-6 and also going on SR-96 Toward Scofield To Pull people over...

Attachments

• 38UCANUT092510.jpg
    38UCANUT092510.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 363

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
However as Seen on Uni-Trunker UHP South SL and UHP SL County (19744 and 19712) Have Not been heard From Much Since Aug 2008 (According to when UTrunker is in use) Im Not Sure Why. Ive Had it running for over 2 weeks.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
This Version of Uni-Trunker-Retro Is the Only one i can get working without little fuss the newer ones wont pick up anything for me.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Trunker help

my Unitrunker Retro Quit working on either of my computers and says closing without saving and wont open, i cant get the newer unitrunkers or any other trunker decoder for Motorola type 2 to work properly. if anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thanks

kf7yn

I am able to get the latest UniTrunker to work fine on my computer but I can't find a way to import 1200+ TGs and 27,000 radio IDs from DOS version 3.8.3 so I stick with the DOS version... which is fine because I'm one of those guys who hates anything Windows. 3.8.3 is probably more stable anyway.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
My trouble is i like the setup that retro had all i had to do with retro is i plug it in to the laptop and it starts detecting with little setup and seen ids and stuff immedately, with the newer versions it wont even try to detect and im not sure what to do..it just doesnt do what i want it to.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Ford Ridge Peers off of Unitrunker

Ford Ridge Peers Sees Site 23 on 643E As a peer Whats Site 23?

Attachments

• Fordpeers.jpg
    Fordpeers.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 196

bchris

643e-0023 Tabby Mtn

Ford Ridge Peers Sees Site 23 on 643E As a peer Whats Site 23?

I just learned tonight that 643e-0023 is Tabby Mtn.

I heard them working today on Tabby, had a couple hours to kill, and wondered if I could Rx the signal w/ a yagi antenna from the top of Sheep Creek (north from Spanish Fork Canyon). I did not have the time to take 'the long way' into the actual area.
I was impressed at how far I could reach! To the North-ish: Tabby, Currant Creek, Morgan, Lewis, Clayton, Scotts Pk, Strawberry. To the South: Teat Pk, Ford Ridge, Barton Peak, Levan. Thr distance from Morgan & Tabby to Barton & Levan must be around 150 miles!

To me, the most interesting points of this post are: 1. Tabby is up. 2. The site ID is 643e-0023. 3. We know the CC, although sometimes they change early on. 4. Verification of other freqs used. 5. The PEERS!

Enos - Maybe you could find the FCC lic for this site and compare the freqs, if you want to.

A few images are attached...

-B.Christensen

Attachments

• UC23 TabbyMtn Info.jpg
    UC23 TabbyMtn Info.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 189
  • UC23 TabbyMtn Freqs.jpg
    UC23 TabbyMtn Freqs.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 188
  • UC23 TabbyMtn Peers.jpg
    UC23 TabbyMtn Peers.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 246

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Ford Control 851.3875
Cedar Control Currently (keeps Switchin) 857.9875
Teat Control 851.6375
Tabby's Control? 856.7625
Clayton control 853.475

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
if u can hit Fruitland see whats there.. the fcc says it has freqs assigned to that area... submit tabby when u get the bugs figured out...

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
and also 643E has the same tone as 7202 according to unitrunker submit that with tabby if u can plz..

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
7202-0023 peer site to ford and 57600 ucan Digital encrypted info

Looks like they may have switch tabby to 7202 site 23 from 643E site 23. they were on today working on something... Unitrunker has added 7202 site 23 as Fords list of peers. Also while i Heard Ucan on they said to switch to astro digital when they did 57600 come up and it was encrypted...

bchris

UCAN Site(s) 23

Looks like they may have switch tabby to 7202 site 23 from 643E site 23. they were on today working on something... Unitrunker has added 7202 site 23 as Fords list of peers. Also while i Heard Ucan on they said to switch to astro digital when they did 57600 come up and it was encrypted...

Enos,

Where they were working was Mt Baldy. As you know, it is West of Indianola and North of Moroni. It sounds like they pretty much finished up, and were very impressed with the coverage as they drove home.

I have been anxiously waiting for this site, because I hoped to hear it from my home, near Payson, then it should reach South at least to Manti. As it turns out, my house is just about the only place in this area I CANT get it. dang! 2 blocks down the hill or 1 block up and it's good.

Anyway, the site ID turns out to be 7202-0023. The only peer it shows right now is Ford Ridge, so it makes sense you would 'see it back'. I'm sure more peers will be added soon. Does Ford still include Tabby as 643e-0023? I actually saw this site while on my Sheep Creek trip yesterday, but like you I thought it was just a glitch from Tabby.

I agree with your other comments about things not making complete sense right now. I was thinking about waiting a bit for things to settle down before submitting to the DB. What do you think? Anyone else with thoughts about it?

--bc

Attachments

• 7202 0023 Mt Baldy Info.jpg
    7202 0023 Mt Baldy Info.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 7202 0023 Mt Baldy Freqs.jpg
    7202 0023 Mt Baldy Freqs.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 7202 0023 Mt Baldy Peers.jpg
    7202 0023 Mt Baldy Peers.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 140

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It Still Shows Both 23's.. I also Have cedar Decoding and it Shows 22 so im wondering if Bald Mesa isnt up. No one seems to be on RR Thats From Moab so I asked the Colorado forums to see if they couldnt either add it the the one stream or drive til they get signal to help us with it to see if it was active... they Are able to hear all the way to cedar (emery) from Abajo cuz the one stream is shooting directly from there.. Ucan Hasnt made much effort yet in putting any trunking sites on abajo yet. Colorado Has their digital system on abajo...

bchris

Mt Baldy Peer Predictions

I am going to predict the list of peers we will see for 7202-0023, Mt Baldy.

1. Teat Peak...... (Easy Choice)
2. Ford Ridge..... (Easy Choice)
3. Barton Peak....(Easy Choice)
4. Levan Peak.....(Pretty Easy Choice)
5. West Mtn........(Pretty Easy Choice)

6. Ut County Simulcast....(kind of tough choice. The peer slots on this site are pretty precious, and the only way to physically get directly from Baldy to UtCnty Simul is to be in an aircraft, in which case you could pretty much lock onto any site in the area, like West Mtn.

7. Cedar Mtn (Carbon) (tough choice,but you CAN drive over that mountain in a car). Until they place a tower on Horseshoe Mtn above Ephraim, at which point Cedar Mtn will be replaced as a peer.

--Brent Christensen
November 18, 2011

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Any predictions on site #'s? im thinking if bald mesa in moab is up its 22, if not its 24 or 25

bchris

Enos - WHY ARE YOU AWAKE? IT'S 3:00AM! GO TO BED!

I have tried to think that through, but haven't got very far. Between the 2 (or more) of us on both sides of the mountains, and all the info we have gathered recently, it's just a matter of time and it will start to make some sense. I will need to draw it on paper to help me see it more clearly.

Now go to bed - I wont see your next post until tomorrow anyway!

-bc...73's

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
New UCAN sites

Great detective work guys! It will be nice to see UCAN extend into eastern Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.