St.georege P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanturpin01

I heard some of the UCAN engineers out here in Washington County, they were talking about how WA CO has upgraded to P25 NON ENCRYPTED. They are just waiting to launch it. SO, the main reason for my post is that I only have a Pro-97 scanner. I need digital now but I dont have the funds for one, my question is does anyone on here have a digital scanner for sale?

Peace and blesssings
SEAN

Junior1970

P25

I would be very surprised if the dispatch channels would be P25 at this time. Up here along the Wasatch Front there are some agencies that utilize a P25 talkgroup or two. Maybe there will be some agencies such as St. George that will probably have that capability. Also Intermountain LifeFlight uses encrypted P25 digital on all comms except when they use the LZ 1 (17184) and/or LZ 2 (17216) talkgroups when they are dispatched to an incident.
I use a PRO 96/2096 combination between mobile and handheld and hear everything that I want to up here with the exception of encrypted comms of course. You have to use software (such as Win96 which I use) because the 96/2096 won't track rebanded systems without utilizing the custom table that you can program using the software.
Sorry to break the news to you but the PRO 97 won't track UCAN correctly, digital or not, because it wont follow the Motorola rebanded trunking plan and that it is non flashable meaning that it cannot be corrected with software. But don't get rid of it because you can still monitor the NSRS EDACS system (Nevada HP) off of Utah Hill as well as the current conventional. If Washington County Public Safety was anything like Utah County was when UCAN came into the picture it could be years before all agencies will have migrated to the system.

seanturpin01

I know the PRO 97 wont track digital.. thats why I posted asking if anyone had a digital scanner they would want to sell. And I am not totally sure on all that rebanding stuff but my pro 97 works fine with UCAN down here in Washington County.

Hooligan

I'll take a better look, but I'm not seeing 800MHz antennas for UCAN on WCSO patrol cars yet, nor have I heard anyone testing on new talk-groups, etc.

Hooligan

UCAN TG 49856 (analog) is now rebroadcasting *some* St George PD dispatch transmissions -- just some of the base dispatch side, not the field units, and not all base transmissions.

seanturpin01

I heard the UCAN engineers working down here about 2 weeks ago. They were testing the analog and digital talkgroups for Wash Co. My scanner picked up the analog TG that was like 49696 or something like that but the other one was digital and I could not hear anything but I could see a TGID showing up and flashing, tells me its a digital signal. But I heard the UCAN engineers saying that they are launching the P25 system in Wa Co very soon after they get something up and running in SLC for down here ( I dont know too much of what they are talking about) and it will be un-encrypted because they said the encryption costs about $500 per mobile unit. Thats what I heard from them which led me to believe STG will be P25 soon. But the engineers were testing a 2 TG's that were analog and only 1 that I know was digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.