Uniden Home patrol monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say nice job to the admins and contributors.

I brought my HP-1 here on business and have spent a fair amount of time monitoring from SLC city center, Sandy down to Richfield over the past 5 days. Everything appears to be spot on.

It was so much easier than loading the 396 for all of these areas.

Anyhow,
just wanted to mention it.

Dave

PS,
I have some unitrunker runs from the Richfield area for non UCAN sites I will get around to submitting. Questar mostly.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Home Patrol

Home Patrol uses the long RRDB descriptions but truncates them at 32 characters I believe. I shortened some of the VECC TG descriptions to accomodate. If you run into other such problems let me know.

-Tim

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I was not going to get too picky as I recently experienced the pain of getting a 750tg SW TRS up to spec. I was just happy it all worked.

Dave

Homepatrol 1 unit

I live in weber county will the HOMEPATROL 1 UNIT work with the UCAN system. Does anyojne know the frequenices I need to load?

k7kop

Premium Subscriber
Yes Home Patrol will work with UCAN. All you need to do with it is put in your zip code, and listen. The best sites for Weber County is Weber Simo, and Mt. Ogden.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I live in weber county will the HOMEPATROL 1 UNIT work with the UCAN system. Does anyojne know the frequenices I need to load?

Yes, it will.
You need not worry about the frequencies, it's all in there and automatically loads.

See the tutorials on homepatrol.com.
Be sure to select the "services" you want to hear, put in your zipcode and listen away.

Your best bet is to start with the range set to 0 miles so that you only hear the most local site(s) to you.
This assumes your zipcode is within 20 miles of the main weber co. simulcast site which will likely carry most of what you want to hear (otherwise expand it until you get in range beyond the default setting which is 20 miles I believe)

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

Expanding your listening radius will bring in any other sites who's coverage circle (defined by the database admins) intersect the circle radius around your zipcode.
This can greatly expand your geographical monitoring capability if agencies are on these further away sites are not carried on the weber site.

Many sites may just be plain out of range with the stock antenna but that's a whole other discussion.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.