Utah cell phone amplifier consultants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickyBit

Regular Listener
At my work, we get poor cell reception. I started working with an outside sales rep, powerfulsignal.com. The owner of the company feels confident that from the emails back and forth, what he sells us will be fine. However, he expects us to install it, and support it. We don't want to be the experts in this, and we're looking for someone who would possibly come out and consult, and do this with experience. I want someone who will be willing to walk around the building, look at interference, metal, other sources of interference, measure before in multiple locations, measure afterwords in multiple locations, etc.

We've already done this once before. The problem is this. A local audio/video shop installed it. They have never done cell phone amplifiers before. The equipment was recommended us by an online vendor. There was a "disconnect" per se between what was recommended us online, to what we actually needed, and further, the fact that who installed it wasn't experienced.

Does anyone have any end to end solutions consultants they can recommend for cell phone signal amplifiers for a building or site, that they can recommend in Northern Utah, or Anywhere near SLC?

StickyBit

Regular Listener
The amplifier/repeater we have is actually provided by Wilson, however it was installed by a local shop, who had never done this before.

I'm hoping to run across someone who is able to view our building and its structure, and make an accurate recommendation as to what, where, and how to install it.

StickyBit

Regular Listener
We just called UCS Wireless in Sandy and they informed us they don't do cell phone signal amplifiers.

towersites

Premium Subscriber
Call the Cell Carrier first and tell them about the problem. If they do not take care of it file a complaint with the FCC. They will have to fix the problem. They have a Market Based License and have to provide you coverage even it that involves installing a new cell tower.

Hooligan

Call the Cell Carrier first and tell them about the problem. If they do not take care of it file a complaint with the FCC. They will have to fix the problem. They have a Market Based License and have to provide you coverage even it that involves installing a new cell tower.

To be succinct, I think that's complete & utter BS.

towersites

Premium Subscriber
That must be why they call you Hooligan. What do you think the solution is??? Get a different carrier or what?

bchris

Cell Phone Amps

UT843XX,

About a year ago I installed a high-end Wilson cell phone amp for use with Verizon phones. The location was 8-10 miles East of Heber in the mountain area. We didnt have much incoming signal to work with, but it turned out OK. We had to hit a Verizon tower on the other side of Park City, maybe 20-30 miles away, past many mountain peaks and ridges. I did TONS of research and took measurements before, during, and after the installation. We still did not have a huge area of reception like I had hoped, but it was neat to be able to pick out a tiny signal from so far away.

Perhaps you could PM me with the specifics of your situation, such as cell phone provider, geographic location, specifics of your building, and number of phones. I am certainly not an expert, but I would be glad to share what I learned with you, and we could go from there.

Brent C.

atech

Premium Subscriber
Cell Phones in a building

Hi,

I worked for AT&T Wireless Field Operations and Engineering for a few years. Contact your Cell Phone Provider and ask for their engineering dept.. Some carriers are piggy backed on the main carriers system. Like Sprint / Nextel for example. Not all cell phone providers have an engineering dept.. So if you have AT&T Wireless or Verizon? Then you`ll get an engineering dept for the system. Others you might get someone from out of the country named Peggy!

Most Field Operations Depts can do the engineering on your building as requested? You just need to find the right provider in your area?

Atech

twhite88

Help with Installation

Hey UT843XX
My name is Taylor and i work at Wilson Electronics. I would suggest you call our Tech Support department at 1-866-839-9408 (toll-free) +1-435-673-5021 (outside of U.S.) to find out who can help with an install up where you are.
Hope that helps! You can also email me if you have any other questions: twhite@wilsonelectronics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.