AC33 Police Tac 1 realtime? or delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prefetch

i'm listening to Police Tac 1 (Channel 5) which is talk group 896.

there is (was?) a couple of bad guys barricading themselves in a hotel today, and ksl.com and sltrib both report that they were apprehended / arrested / taken into custody around 3pm, but here it is 5pm right now and i'm listening to the cops and the two suspects are definitely still locked in the bathroom, and they are discussing tactical options to extract them, etc.

so...what's going on??? did the cops lie to the news people? is the Police Tac channel on some horrible 3 hour delay?

totally confused.

bcoray

I am hearing the same thing. The UPD SWAT team is on-scene as well. They are working off of 7202 TG640 UPD Spec Ops. From the traffic I'm hearing it sounds like the UPD team is still holding containment.

Maybe they haven't found the right guy yet. I have to imagine that when a SWAT team surrounds a motel in west Salt Lake there will likely be more than one person hiding in a bathroom. :)

prefetch

okay, so yeah - i found out that the news was totally wrong. they found 2 guys earlier in the day at 3pm, and so the news reported that it was all over.

but what was actually going on is that there was a second couple - a guy and girl that were locked in the bathroom refusing to come out. they ended up using tear gas and getting them to come out about 6pm.

bcoray

Like I said, you surround a motel in salt lake and for sure there will be multiple people trying to hide in bathrooms!

Same thing happens when they surround the Days Inn on 33rd and I-15, or the motel in Midvale at 72nd and I-15... I see a trend here! :)

Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.