New to Utah and UCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Hey everybody,

Just moved down here from Oregon about a month ago and have started monitoring the UCA system from Utah County - let me tell you, this is quite different than what I'm used to. Instead of eight sites and all analog and in the clear, I see there are 50+ sites, two system IDs, and *gasp* encryption! :O (shock and horror! And SARCASM!!)

Anyway, I think I have things figured out for the most part and have programmed my scanners accordingly, but I was curious if anyone was willing to share any info they might have - speculation or otherwise - on any of the talkgroups that are not listed in the DB? Seems like I've seen over a dozen in T88 over the last few weeks.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing here, you're always welcome to PM or e-mail as well.

Thanks!

Michael

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I'm a little confused at the T88 reference, but most of the conversations are in the clear, some p25 digital but mostly analog, other than new sites coming online especially in the southern part of the state , pretty much already an intact system, not a lot of new things

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I'm a little confused at the T88 reference, but most of the conversations are in the clear, some p25 digital but mostly analog, other than new sites coming online especially in the southern part of the state , pretty much already an intact system, not a lot of new things

T88 - Trunk88, like Unitrunker, but retro-looking and command line-driven. Lightweight and compatable with RTL SDRs.

yWH4lix.png

Last edited:

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Looks like a Utah county setup, , only thing in Utah county that may interest you is a different system than UCAN or UCA , is unified fire authority or UFA, it's a P25 system totally digital, and in Lehi it's on Cedar pass, in the 770mhz range

N7YUO

Most scanner enthusiasts may eventually come across talk groups that are not listed.
And it won't take much listening to understand what is happening on those TGRPs.
In the past, when these special ops TGRPs were publicized, they went silent.
They can go encrypted, move to another TGRP, or change TGRPs daily.
Most of us locals know who the agencies are and what they are doing. We like the fact that we can hear them in-the-clear, so we refrain from discussing it in this public forum.

That said, if you discover any new channels or TGRPs that are not special ops, there are procedures in place for those discussions.

N7YUO
Scanning since 1968

Status
Not open for further replies.