SLC Public Safety Cntrl Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcr2000

Premium Subscriber
The control channel seems to have changed for SLC Public Safety. I have checked the published control channels with the programming on my bct15X and the programming is correct. I have lost the ability to hear SLC public safety on both of my scanners; a bct15x and my BCP436HP. On the bc15xt, the scanner read out says "finding ctrlchan." I have also set the bct15x to the published control channels and they do not appear to broadcasting the expected data stream(s). Any thoughts?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Is it the City System or the State system? Which Tower and what frequencies?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

xcr2000

Premium Subscriber
SLC Public Safety

Interesting, thank you. AC33 is the system I am using, with the control channel you identified. I would think its my scanner programming, but I am not picking up the feed on two different scanners. Also, I seem to receiving all the other sites/channels I have programmed. Weird! In any event, thank you for the information.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Could it be it needs rebanded? Maybe it's not following the control channel, or the control channel is deleted.. Check your antenna as well or connections to the antenna .. Something is amiss

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

xcr2000

Premium Subscriber
I went mobil with my handheld and I picked all of AC33 channels. My base antennas are located inside my apartment; I am using a Diamond 220R mini discone with my BCT15X and A COMPCtenna w/ ground-plane with my handheld. They did quite well until about two weeks ago. Interestingly, I hooked my basic telescoping antenna up to my hand held when I got back and it did a pretty good job of picking up the AC33 channels; not sure what happened. In any event, I appreciate both of your responses.

Kindest regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.