6.713 usb Shripm fishing boats with base station

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfdxer

Received "Guaymas Base" communicating with various shirmp fishing vessels off the coast of the Mexican Pacific. Base mentioned to be cautious as the Mexican military and customs can board any vessel to check for permits and merchandise. Fishermen were using exremely foul language during the converstaions. Very interesting reception. Guaymas base had a strong signal into the Los Angeles area. Some of the fishing vessels where weak, other were audible. Overall a good dx catch. Time was 03:45-04:15 UTC. This frequency seems to be commonly used for shirp boats.
Receiver: AOR 7030+
Antenna: Alpha Delta Dx-Ultra @ 30 feet

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Interesting. If you prowl these bands for any length of time, you will run into these fishing fleet operations. The line on these guys has been, for many years, that they will often buy a ham transceiver on the grey market and modify it. Of course, running it out of band, not to mention the salt air environment, the radio won't last all that long, but that's a very small concern to these guys. I've heard Japanese and Spanish speakers (likely off the coast of LI NY) on occasion

73 Mike

brandon

Database Admin
Great log. I'll be sure to monitor this evening to see if they are active.
Were the comms in English or Spanish?

hfdxer

the comms were all in spanish,
iterestingly enough about 2khz up from 6.713 at around 6.715 I heard some chinese language males sounded also like fishermen at sea but not from the same location as others

Status
Not open for further replies.