Sydney Volmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidplate

Thats a nice catch Ridge. My south pacific LP is down for its 5 year inspection/repair. I'll give a listen on one of the verticals and see if I can hear em'

ridgescan

They also use 6676khz.

Regards Lino.

Hello Lino down under:) thanks for the other frequency-I will add it to the sweep. By the way-what copy do you get it being right there?

Thats a nice catch Ridge. My south pacific LP is down for its 5 year inspection/repair. I'll give a listen on one of the verticals and see if I can hear em'
Appreciate it thanks:) What's an "LP"? Give it a shot and post up-I notice here they don't start really coming in till around the 0400utc time.

skidplate

" LP " is log periodic, M2 10-30LP8 X3. One pointed at South Pacific, one pointed at Africa, and one pointed over the North Pole. All on 65' of Rohn 45.

ridgescan

Couldn't sleep last night-spinning the dial on the r75 and ran into Australian Volmet on 12365khz usb in the 0800utc hour, this one out of Charleville. A much more "lively" male Brit voice on this one. I caught that one with the "tired" male Brit voice of your logging on the night before you did but on 8828khz usb, just as he signed off and then Honolulu Volmet took its place.

zl2taw

Couldn't sleep last night-spinning the dial on the r75 and ran into Australian Volmet on 12365khz usb in the 0800utc hour, this one out of Charleville. A much more "lively" male Brit voice on this one. I caught that one with the "tired" male Brit voice of your logging on the night before you did but on 8828khz usb, just as he signed off and then Honolulu Volmet took its place.

Ridge mate also try 8176khz, thats in Charleville as well (VMC)

you might find this interesting

official HF weather freqs

majoco

Stirrer
I use volmets often as a test for propagation conditions - made up my own list which I plug in to "RDBM" and just let my WR303 cycle through 119 stations until I hear one talking!

I can insert the list as a text file here if anyone wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.