CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8krh

Does this ship use hf ssb or just satellite or cell phones, since they are just bobbing in the water.
I cannot find any frequencies, surprising they don't transfer passengers to the other ship.....logic isn't used.
DOCTOR 795

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Most traffic between the "home office" and the ship is handled via satellite, either voice or e-mail. While the ships do have HF, it's not often used for business type communications.
Traffic between the ship, tugs and US Coast Guard will be via VHF. Traffic from the US Coast Guard command will be to the cutter on scene and then likely passed to the ship via VHF.

Transferring passengers between ships is dangerous and time consuming. Plus, you have to have an empty ship to put them on. Cruise lines don't keep empty/crewed and staffed ships sitting around. They would have to cancel other cruises to make that happen, and then it would take time to get the ship on scene. By the time they got there, the tug could pull them into port.

Either way, customers are upset.

ecps92

99% of Ship to Home office is done via Satellite and Internet via the Satellite

IF they transfer to another ship, then where do they sleep if that ship is sold-out
IF they transfer to another ship, who determines what they take for lugage
IF they transfer to another ship, now Two ships are lost for revenue as they cancel Ports of Call....

Most Ships outside of VHF Marine, have on-board Cordless Phones and a UHF 457/467 Radio system. You won't hear much unless in port near the ship

[QUOTE="doctor795, post: 1914288"]Does this ship use hf ssb or just satellite or cell phones, since they are just bobbing in the water.
I cannot find any frequencies, surprising they don't transfer passengers to the other ship.....logic isn't used.
DOCTOR 795[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.