Selcalweb gone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intellifax

The selcal database at selcalweb.co.uk has been down for a while. Anybody have any idea if its dead for good, or if its temporary?

Any other decent selcal database sites out there that are just as good? Lots of others that don't even come close, like airframes.org and the jetphotos database. I can't find any good substitute, or any reason for the selcalweb site to disappear. Their web registration doesn't expire until the end of this month.

I use(d) the selcalweb site quite a bit to ID aircraft via their selcal, it was the most complete one out there.

Intellifax

I emailed him, it bounced back. Next step is to snail mail him. In the meantime, I've been using airframes, but it is quite lacking. Another workaround is to Google selcal xxxx, and it often returns something from prior webcrawls of the selcalweb site.

selcalweb

Selcal database back online

Following a long period of absence my selcal database in now back online again :thumb: . I've moved it to Google Fusion Tables now and it can be found here https://goo.gl/uvujK1. I've spent a lot of time bringing it up to date so it should prove to be a useful resource for those of you that still listen to the static. :p

As I don't actively follow the posts here, if you have any selcal queries, additions or unknowns please post them in this thread and I'll check in periodically and respond.

invergordon

Thanks @selcalweb. This will be very useful as I chase DX aero almost daily and resolving the flight by decoding the SELCAL to an airframe is the only way I go. This is core business for my hobby so thank you very much for making it available.

Michael
hfaero.com

Status
Not open for further replies.