Station "Mainsail" Issuing EAMs on HF GCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Station "Mainsail" Issuing EAMs on HF GCS. It most definitely is "Mainsail". I tuned in and first copied an aircraft hailing "mainsail" and sure enough for the first time I can think of "Mainsail" answered back lol and is giving EAMs. Am I dreaming lol?

SCPD

QRT
Station "Mainsail" Issuing EAMs on HF GCS. It most definitely is "Mainsail". I tuned in and first copied an aircraft hailing "mainsail" and sure enough for the first time I can think of "Mainsail" answered back lol and is giving EAMs. Am I dreaming lol?

The term "Mainsail" simply means calling any or all stations.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Station "Mainsail" was transmitting EAMs. For Example: "GJQTRB (30 Characters)...(Ect)...This is mainsail out." Also a few skyking messages from them. All around 2030z today. At one point in time the operator answered a Mainsail call with "Station calling mainsail this is mainsail go ahead over" then a few minutes later the same voice gave a test count from Offutt.

Toad_77

It could also be a new operator getting broken in and making the mistakes that come with a new job.

metal57

After 20:00Z all HF-GCS stations commenced using the term mainsail, rather than the usual Andrews/Offutt etc. The only exception seemed to be Offutt, who was working RECKLESS for a patch. As soon as the patch terminated Offutt also began using mainsail. There seemed to be a short period where the test counts reverted to Offutt/Andrews, before returning to using mainsail. I suppose it remains to be seen if this is permanent or temporary. Did sound strange though, "Aircraft calling mainsail, this is mainsail, how copy"

metal57

After 20:00Z all HF-GCS stations commenced using the term mainsail, rather than the usual Andrews/Offutt etc. The only exception seemed to be Offutt, who was working RECKLESS for a patch. As soon as the patch terminated Offutt also began using mainsail. There seemed to be a short period where the test counts reverted to Offutt/Andrews, before returning to using mainsail. I suppose it remains to be seen if this is permanent or temporary. Did sound strange though, "Aircraft calling mainsail, this is mainsail, how copy"

Apologies, callsign with the patch was Storm 22, not Reckless.

SCPD

QRT
Im hearing this as well this morning stalker. Very strange indeed. Sorry for misunderstanding your origanal post.

SCPD

QRT
Hey no worries friend. I foresee more changes to follow maybe? Also had some CW on 11175.2 last night.

cj5

Seems Procedures Have Changed

I've noticed this as well on 11175 kHz as well as most other HFGCS stations. They are no longer identifying using the base locations (i.e. Hickam, Andrews, etc...). As far as I've heard so far they have discontinued this which is a bit of a let down, because we can no longer tell where the transmission originates (even considering they are networked). Oh well. Can anyone shed any light on why they've stopped providing site of origin as the callsign?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.