RDARA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
What you need is...

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fi6jsp/HFAERO.jpg

...and a magnifying glass! I know it's a bit old but most of the info is still accurate. RDARA is used over large empty land masses where MWARA is not appropriate and VHF coverage would be expensive, Australia for example. Get the chart printed out much larger and pin it to your wall!

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
Gee, thankyou, Martin, it was nice of you to post that chart. Hint.

Sometimes I think I'm wasting my time........ :roll:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
OK I'll say it - I'll move these links into the wiki later today. Thanks to both of you for them...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A nice mix of broadcast and utility stuff ...

Your link has been added to the wiki SWL and utility pages...Mike

Seacher

Excuse me sir,i wanna ask something...
WHY RDARA USE FREQUECY HF? Why not use vhf??

Thx before

tampatracker

Link for map is broken

What you need is...

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fi6jsp/HFAERO.jpg

...and a magnifying glass! I know it's a bit old but most of the info is still accurate. RDARA is used over large empty land masses where MWARA is not appropriate and VHF coverage would be expensive, Australia for example. Get the chart printed out much larger and pin it to your wall!

I realize this is post is a year old but upon going to the link for the map I found the 404 message, I wonder if you or anyone could re-post it here or pm me with it? Thanks, T.T.

frankdrebbin

I had our office engineer girl blow up and print this map out on our plotter for me years ago so I could see it, then she took out the part that I was interested in the most and blew that up. Many freqs to pick from.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If the logo on the bottom left is correct, that map is 16 years old, and the list in the OP's message is at least 6 years old.

This list was published last year - it's not really complete, I understand there are several sites not listed - but at least it's a start. Wish Hugh would update and correct it, as it's pretty useful

The Btown Monitoring Post: Civilian Aero/Military HF Frequency List - Update 11 Aug 2017

I haven't looked - would the Jeppensen charts be more accurate? It appears most everything you find on Google is at least several years old

Mike

majoco

Stirrer
Jeppesen only covers areas that are governed by the FCC or adjacent administrations. I did start to update the big chart by Photoshopping the new frequencies but it became a horrendous task because I had to find what had changed first!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.